• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Accepted 24/7 map change for 94.130.49.180:27016

Map changes for 94.130.49.180:27016 (Jailbreak ▬ Custom!)

• Other. (If this is chosen, please reply with your idea.)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Maxxy

Perfect Member
★ Donor ★
May 10, 2018
When you say dynf attracts new players that adds yet another reason not to change the current server and instead have a similar one. Dynf would only be the default map once, when its changed one time there is no longer a default map. If we were to have rtv at all we should at least make 60% vote yes on a map to show theres a clear majority.
Post automatically merged:

also in that case there should be only a very limited amount of maps tho choose from otherwise you might as well turn the whole thing into a rotation server.

Last edited:

Xene

Popular Member
Oct 31, 2019
When you say dynf attracts new players that adds yet another reason not to change the current server and instead have a similar one. Dynf would only be the default map once, when its changed one time there is no longer a default map. If we were to have rtv at all we should at least make 60% vote yes on a map to show theres a clear majority.
Post automatically merged:

also in that case there should be only a very limited amount of maps tho choose from otherwise you might as well turn the whole thing into a rotation server.
I agree the number of maps should be narrowed, the nominate system has too many, and 60% seems reasonable.

Swampfire

Amphetamine'd
Jun 13, 2018
India,Hyderbad
In My opinion Xene is right . The Map is getting boring all day , same old Minecraft map , there are other maps exist in the map pool so keep changing the map Or Call the Server Minecraft 24/7 but it is still boring , please i request them to add other maps so we can explore the newer maps and train some new things!!!!!!

Xypher

Owner ★★★
Jul 11, 2017
the clouds
What's possible is adding /rtv & /nominate, setting no time limit for the dynf_v10d map, but if the server is on a different map, we can create a time limit until the map changes to dynf_v10d. This may(?) make both sides happy

Xene

Popular Member
Oct 31, 2019
What's possible is adding /rtv & /nominate, setting no time limit for the dynf_v10d map, but if the server is on a different map, we can create a time limit until the map changes to dynf_v10d. This may(?) make both sides happy
Depends on the time limit, if its one hour the rtv system would be pretty useless, I think the only way to make both sides happy is to have the rtv system but after a certain amount of RTV's the map automatically becomes dynf, not to add the default map is already dynf from the beginning, but if it really does come to it and the community is in outrage about this it will be a great idea.

Xene

Popular Member
Oct 31, 2019
So in my opinion I think we should try to add the rtv system as it is with dynf being the default map before RTV, but if people start leaving you can import your idea into it.

Captain Maxxy

Perfect Member
★ Donor ★
May 10, 2018
ooo this is a pretty neat idea, if you mean that it starts on dynf then gets rtved onto another map which lasts a certain time and then always goes back to dynf then time should be at least 2 hours for that map since theres not too many rounds per hour

if you mean that it starts on dynf then gets rtved onto another map and can be rtved again onto a different map and that continues until you get back into dynf then maybe 1 hour is fine.

D

Deleted member 8006

That seems to be a good middle ground, as this vote is pretty even (20/30). Although I don't agree with it 100%, we gotta compromise so I guess sure.

if you mean that it starts on dynf then gets rtved onto another map which lasts a certain time and then always goes back to dynf then time should be at least 2 hours for that map since theres not too many rounds per hour

If it works like what @Captain Maxxy said (Where after it changes back to Dynf, there should be a !rtv cooldown of roughly 2 hours, so the map doesn't change too frequently), then ya, +1.

Last edited by a moderator:

Horny Friend

Jun 21, 2020
wednesday
Sure i don't mind the change but, i don't think people would like the fact that there favorite map there playing in would be changed every 3 hours or so only for it to be either changed back to it or to a different map, it would just be almost exactly like regular map rotation except more annoying it wouldn't help with the problem, it would just be Regular map rotation with an extra step that wouldn't really change anything

Last edited:

Captain Maxxy

Perfect Member
★ Donor ★
May 10, 2018
Sure i don't mind the change but, i don't think people would like the fact that there favorite map there playing in would be changed every 3 hours or so only for it to be either changed back to it or to a different map, it would just be almost exactly like regular map rotation except more annoying it wouldn't help with the problem, it would just be Regular map rotation with an extra step that wouldn't really change anything
I agree, I think it shouldn't be changed at all since its so popular, however in this improved version of the change there will be very few maps to choose between unlike the rotation maps, and longer time on each map.

Xene

Popular Member
Oct 31, 2019
I agree, I don't want to be cut off for a change back to dynf, I think we should start with the option that got more votes, and if the community goes into an outrage we can try Xyphers idea.

D

Deleted member 8006

I agree, I think it shouldn't be changed at all since its so popular, however in this improved version of the change there will be very few maps to choose between unlike the rotation maps, and longer time on each map.

Ya, I agree as well, I'd rather just have one map for 24/7. However, we gotta compromise and what Xypher and Captain Maxxy said is good. It will pretty much still stay as Dynf but have little map change, as the moment it would go to another map, it would end after some time and go back to Dynf.

So it will be good for both sides, as it will allow some new maps to be on the server here and there, but also allow the server to be mainly Dynf.

I agree, I don't want to be cut off for a change back to dynf, I think we should start with the option that got more votes, and if the community goes into an outrage we can try Xyphers idea.

Also, just because you got more votes doesn't mean it will go through. It was a 20/30ish split and the community is pretty much 1/2 on 1/2 on this. What Xypher said is a good compromise that will please both sides IMO.

Xene

Popular Member
Oct 31, 2019
Ya, I agree as well, I'd rather just have one map for 24/7. However, we gotta compromise and what Xypher and Captain Maxxy said is good. It will pretty much still stay as Dynf but have little map change, as the moment it would go to another map, it would end after some time and go back to Dynf.

So it will be good for both sides, as it will allow some new maps to be on the server here and there, but also allow the server to be mainly Dynf.

Also, just because you got more votes doesn't mean it will go through. It was a 20/30ish split and the community is pretty much 1/2 on 1/2 on this. What Xypher said is a good compromise that will please both sides IMO.
If we are gonna go through with that idea the timer can't be 1 hour, that's one map before it changes back to dynf, I think the timer should be at least 5 hours, considering the default map is dynf and you can still vote for dynf.

Horny Friend

Jun 21, 2020
wednesday
If we are gonna go through with that idea the timer can't be 1 hour, that's one map before it changes back to dynf, I think the timer should be at least 5 hours, considering the default map is dynf and you can still vote for dynf.
Who says that were going to do that idea? as i said it would be just like Regular map rotation that barely ANYONE even asked for in the first place but with a pointless extra step i don't even agree with it its a stupid idea it wouldn't help with anything
Why? we have no reason to compromise with what Xypher said, the better option we have is to just listen and agree with what the majority want's instead of listening to someone's other option that other people didn't vote for or even know about

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8006

Why? we have no reason to compromise with what Xypher said, the better option we have is to just listen and agree with what the majority want's instead of listening to someone's other option which other people didn't vote for or even know about

Ya, you don't have a giant majority, it's a 20/30 split. And keep in mind that not everyone voted, just around 50 people did. And compromises are good so then both sides can come to an agreement. If you don't like compromises, well, rip. Now if it was 20/50, then ya, it's a large majority. However, a few votes more doesn't just disregard the other side. Because it's pretty neck to neck, that's why Xypher said that, as it is a compromise between both sides and it will please both sides.

I think around 1-2 hours would be good. 5 hours is way too long IMO.

Xene

Popular Member
Oct 31, 2019
Ya, you don't have a giant majority, it's a 20/30 split. And keep in mind that not everyone voted, just around 50 people did. And compromises are good so then both sides can come to an agreement. If you don't like compromises, well, rip. Now if it was 20/50, then ya, it's a large majority. However, a few votes more doesn't just disregard the other side. Because it's pretty neck to neck, that's why Xypher said that, as it is a compromise between both sides and it will please both sides.

I think around 1-2 hours would be good. 5 hours is way too long IMO.
60% - 30% 1/2 argument right now, the other votes do not matter because they are a small minority that voted for something else, we are focusing on the yes or no part here, its a 1/2 and half of those votes that said no don't even play on the server so the ratio becomes 0.5/2. The majority of the players that play on the server want this.

Status
Not open for further replies.