• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

General a filter to censor slurs

Fiz

Jan 6, 2022
I dont know send help :(
I was thinking, maybe there could be a way to censor/filter slurs and just offensive stuff (n-word, f-word, etc) so people just dont have their vibe ruined by edgelords

its just something that i think might be a good idea, if its not hard to do.
Post automatically merged:

fuck i just saw someone else posted this exact same thing, rip

Fiz

Jan 6, 2022
I dont know send help :(
Last edited:

The Pesterer

Forum Robot
Jul 13, 2021
Armory
-1 Just report the people who uses slurs.
some people still dont report them
Post automatically merged:

Even if there's a way to censor slurs, people will come up with new ways to say it.
I mean, that's how variations are formed. Nothing can stop people from using slurs in game.
They'll always find a way or another to deliver their hate-speech.
well we can always censor those bypasses

sunstep

★ Donor ★
May 17, 2020
Lian Yu

• There's already something for that, just open your tf2's advanced settings and click on change chat filtering settings. Then set language preferences to Filter strong profanity and slurs with "♥♥♥" or "***" And as bonus, you can even set custom words you don't want to see.

So, there's absolutely no need for a plugin that censors words, it's a time waste for the developers of wonderland and besides, are you going to tell me what words I want to see and what not? It's a big no for me. I will always be against systematically censoring people no matter what. It should be the choice of the client whether he wants to see bad words or not.

thats basically the same with cheat and anti cheat. does that mean we should remove it? no
And I also want to make a comment on this, you're comparing apples to oranges, cheaters are there to ruin your experience and there's nothing you can do about it except for calling an admin or reporting them. But in this case, you can just choose to censor words you don't like, refer to what I said above. Your comparison is not right.

• Wow
Reactions: Lux