• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Accepted Add dispensers back for engi in jailbreak

Should Engineer building be brought back to Jailbreak?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dovydas

Aug 13, 2017
Lithuania
Ever since the dispensers got removed from jailbreak I have hardly seen anyone going engineer as a blue and I think thats nostly cause engi dosent have a dispenser (or any buildables at all)
I think adding them back and making them not drop metal (which turns in to ammo if picked up) would be fair enough to encourage people to go engi. Teleporters could also be added but I think the main thing people used to play him was for the dyspenser
Post your thoughts and/or suggestions if you have any

Reactions: pancakes_

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Neutral.

Allowing Dispensers may pose useful in some situations where BLUs need to remain in one place for a long time, and they can not easily access the Armory, but otherwise I just think Engineer is not meant for Jailbreak in general and there's not much that can be done to change that. Furthermore, I've seen Dispensers exploited to block alternate entryways to Armory. This is less of an issue than with Teleporters (which, by the way, I am completely against), but still is something of concern if we are to add them back to Jailbreak.

Dovydas

Aug 13, 2017
Lithuania
Some people use dispensers to block infront of the cells so reds cannot come out obvs since red can't have collisons on blue so they can't go threw body items ect.
There used to be a rule (I dont know if it still exists or not) but destroying dispensers that are in your way is 100% legal if youre not delaying or detouring to do so.
So getting blocked by them shouldnt be a problem cause you can break tchem
im pretty sure that the reason dispensers got removed was cause blue engineers kept building tchem next to reds and reds kept getting ammo from the metal they dropped so making it so that they dont drop metal would make the dispensers viable again

Reactions: pancakes_

Stao

Bully
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Nov 20, 2018
Minnesota
There used to be a rule (I dont know if it still exists or not) but destroying dispensers that are in your way is 100% legal if youre not delaying or detouring to do so.
So getting blocked by them shouldnt be a problem cause you can break tchem
im pretty sure that the reason dispensers got removed was cause blue engineers kept building tchem next to reds and reds kept getting ammo from the metal they dropped so making it so that they dont drop metal would make the dispensers viable again
The rule was removed due to not being applicable anymore. It would definitely need to come back, along with the fix to ammo.

Retr0

Your Local Nerd
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
May 5, 2019
Greece
+1 If this gets accepted, I believe a rule or two will be created because of dispensers blocking paths etc. So, basically there is no negative effect in this, while it may actually change the game itself (if for example blues are in soccer of a map and they got hurt, instead of running all the way back to armory or medic, just build a display, as long as you have an engie of course. )

Floot

★ Donor ★
Dec 9, 2017
under a rock, on a tropical island
Dispenser yes
Teleporters no

I see a lot of engie mains on Wln complain about it (Discord, forums...)
Giving them the ability to use build dispensers can get them kill time rather than just doing the relaxo or the banjo.

I don't know much about Jailbreak, but I think TPs could be abuse-able and therefore shouldn't be introduced.

kokostal

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Nov 5, 2017
Netherlands
-1 to both buildings
Blue's don't need a dispenser, they have plenty of healing sources and itl just be unfair to reds and kind of a waste of a man on blue since that engie is gonna give them a minor buff at the cost of 1 guard (since one engie can only do so much in this gamemode). I.E if too many blues go engineer theyre fucked. On red, the dispenser would be way too strong if an engie manages to build one (provided theres ammo drops of course, but if not, theyre pretty useless on red). although I imagine it would only ever happen in situations where a mass rebel or something the like is already going on.

Engineer is generally just not a class meant for this gamemode and that's fine imo. we already have more then enough classes with their own perks on Jailbreak and I don't see any reason why we should take the risk of giving engie this buff back just so he might be viable on blue. I'm also really not looking forward to seeing blue engies block reds with dispensers, block buttons with dispensers or possibly keep doors open with them if thats even possible.

As for the tele, my reasoning for that should be obvious.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eight
Status
Not open for further replies.