• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Accepted Add "Unwritten rules" to the rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pootiscow

TF2 community historian
★ Donor ★
Apr 24, 2019
Wisconsin, USA
There are a few "Unwritten rules" that you just kinda have to ask an admin about if you want to know about that should probably be put into writing.
Off the top of my head some of them are

1. Mic-spam: On the rules it prohibits all mic spam, however I have heard from an admin that it is up to admin/server discretion whether it is allowed or not
  2. Pokemon master can/cannot pick themselves; heard both
  3. No LR on pokemon day; Implied in rules but not explicitly stated
  4. Cell wars implies out of cell rebel day; I've heard both ways
  5. After a mic check it is automatically out of cell rebel day
  6. You can't order reds to go somewhere before going last guard
Please add any that I didn't think of below.

Reactions: Olaves

Olaves

Amphetamine'd
Oct 27, 2017
London :D
Cell wars implies out of cell rebel day; I've heard both ways
After a mic check it is automatically out of cell rebel day

I believe these imply only out of cell rebel.

No LR on pokemon day; Implied in rules but not explicitly stated

This is quite situational IMO. If there is only the pokemon master on red remaining and 2 blus left, if that red defeats the other blue, I'd give him LR since he actually won. Otherwise, it is impossible to give LR on pokemon day anyways.

You can't order reds to go somewhere before going last guard

In the rules, it doesn't say anything about this but this is a rule that should be added, for obvious reasons. Maybe as soon as you become the last blu, you have 30 seconds to decide if you want to !uw or not. After 30 seconds, if you do not !uw, you MUST continue the round as warden.

These are obvious grey areas since not everyone knows exactly what the rules are which is why it should be added to the official rule book.

Reactions: TheMinecraftPoke

Pootiscow

TF2 community historian
★ Donor ★
Apr 24, 2019
Wisconsin, USA
You may not pick anyone else but yourself as trainer when you get LR. -From https://wonderland.tf/threads/jailbreak-rules.6/ Pokemon day section. Everything else i agree with Olaves.
I should have been more specific, If they can or cannot pick themselves to fight

Also another unclear rule LUV mentioned to me, Some sort of limit to how many days can be active at any time.(I.E. You can only do 3 days at once)

benz

MISSING IN ACTION.
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 3, 2018
California
Also another unclear rule LUV mentioned to me, Some sort of limit to how many days can be active at any time.(I.E. You can only do 3 days at once)

I only brought "3 days at a time" up for the sole reason that it's a misconception and that it should clearly state within the rules that there are no limits to how many days that can be done at once.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
There are a few "Unwritten rules" that you just kinda have to ask an admin about if you want to know about that should probably be put into writing.

Mic-spam: On the rules it prohibits all mic spam, however I have heard from an admin that it is up to admin/server discretion whether it is allowed or not
Pokemon master can/cannot pick themselves; heard both
No LR on pokemon day; Implied in rules but not explicitly stated
Cell wars implies out of cell rebel day; I've heard both ways
After a mic check it is automatically out of cell rebel day
You can't order reds to go somewhere before going last guard

1. +1, though it should be specified though that this staff discretion only counts for good quality music/sound effects. Stuff that is poor quality or just earrape could be interpreted as mic spam by people. Furthermore, I think something like "if multiple people ask you to stop your music" or something relating to server discretion should be added, because people may exploit no staff being on to tell them not to spam music if they are, as the benefit of how the spam rules are worded now is discouraging any form of trolling with music and what not.
  2. +1. From what I recall @<2F F> Captain Maxxy (the person who made the Pokemon rulings update) told me that the masters can't pick themselves. I do want to say though that I personally find the Pokemon Day rulings a bit wordy, and if more was to be added to the explanation of the day in the rules, then there should be condensing of it to some extent.
  3. +1 I guess because I literally don't know the answer according to the rules. I am new to the changes made to Pokemon Day (as I was not really active at the time of the update) so a clarification for this would serve useful to me.
  4. Leaning towards -1. Cell Wars doesn't imply Out of Cell Rebel Day at all as far as I'm concerned. More-so, the activity implies that they should be in cells until further orders are given for them to go out of cells. Though, this really all depends on how the warden words the order.
  5. -1. I would say that this shouldn't be added to the rules, more-so that staff should just declare out of cell rebel day after a mic check unless nobody is warden. I say this because this ruling only applies whenever a staff member is on, ergo it isn't a ruling people need to know to play Jailbreak.
  6. Semi +1.
    Last guard rule - the last guard is allowed to massacre the remaining reds, or choose to continue the round. However, if the massacre has started then no last request can be issued.
    As I see it, if a warden is ordering REDs to go somewhere before going last guard, then they are choosing to continue the round. Although, I admit the rules only specifically say you can't stop continuing the round, only that you can't stop with the other option. Therefore, rewording that sentence to be something like "However, whatever choice is made must be followed through with fully" would work IMO.

I only brought "3 days at a time" up for the sole reason that it's a misconception and that it should clearly state within the rules that there are no limits to how many days that can be done at once.
As I view all misconceptions that involve someone stating a rule where there isn't one, it's complete absence from the rules signifies that it isn't a rule. Therefore, I don't think it needs to be added.

could we have a limit on warday's does it say it on the rules?
The same day may not be run three times in a row.

Stao

Bully
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Nov 20, 2018
Minnesota

1. Mic-spam: On the rules it prohibits all mic spam, however I have heard from an admin that it is up to admin/server discretion whether it is allowed or not
  2. Pokemon master can/cannot pick themselves; heard both
  3. No LR on pokemon day; Implied in rules but not explicitly stated
  4. Cell wars implies out of cell rebel day; I've heard both ways
  5. After a mic check it is automatically out of cell rebel day
  6. You can't order reds to go somewhere before going last guard
I've added these to the JB rules rewrite that will be coming in the near future. Anything mentioned in this thread should be addressed in the new rules update.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Cell Wars is not stated to imply Out of Cell Rebel Day in rules, so there's the answer for that.

Out of Cell Rebel Day after Mic Checks will be specified by staff.

Everything else (Jailbreak-related) has been cleared up in our latest Jailbreak rules update (>link<).

As for music-playing in relation to mic-spam, a ruling on that will be taken into consideration.

Reactions: Olaves
Status
Not open for further replies.