• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Accepted Allow Double Jumping Scouts on all JB servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smug Rebellion

Master Rebeller
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Apr 7, 2020
Inside the Cells of Jailbreak
This one might need some explaining to do. So there are some servers that I go on a lot and they have double jumping on for scouts enabled for all teams (except reds but, once the scout hits a guard or gets ammo they are allowed to double jump). I went on a JB IL server and apparently realized that I couldn’t double jump normally as a scout. So I was wondering if it would be possible to enable double jumping for scouts on all servers to keep them equal.

If you would like to contact me here are some ways you can:
Discord: Smug Rebellion#4995
(I respond the most here!)https://steamcommunity.com/id/tankyboi2020/

Last edited by a moderator:

Redds

Brainrot
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 8, 2019
Pacifica
Pros- Scouts on blues will be able to double jump to get/pursuit rebelling reds much quicker.
Its a fundamental part of tf2.

Neutrals- Baby Face Blaster will be back down.

Scouts will gain an unfair advantage during games, such as(Obby, Deathrun, Sweeper)
Reds likewise to blues being able to kill rebelling reds quicker. Scouts will be much harder to hit when rebelling.

Pros.- There are already a multitude of weapons that allow scouts these advantages, and I personally feel scout doesn't need this to become a better class.
On La Jailbreak where I've been playing for a year I don't really see scouts double jumping a lot, since its not really a fundamental part of Jailbreak, since scout should be relying on aim and precision and not this Boston boy jumping of the air particles.

Extras and explanations/Final vote. My reasoning for the neutrals, Scouts will have an unfair advantage which I feel is big, however Im not putting it as a negative since warden may restrict double jumping. Next point was rebelling reds, I honestly don't like stalling the round to kill one fast Boston boy jumping off the air particles being practically impossible to hit and being combo'd with the winger having more aerial space to cover. However its a neutral point as guards will have the same tool at their advantage to avoid some rebellers. Final vote -1.

Smug Rebellion

Master Rebeller
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Apr 7, 2020
Pros- Scouts on blues will be able to double jump to get/pursuit rebelling reds much quicker.
Its a fundamental part of tf2.

Neutrals- Baby Face Blaster will be back down.

Scouts will gain an unfair advantage during games, such as(Obby, Deathrun, Sweeper)
Reds likewise to blues being able to kill rebelling reds quicker. Scouts will be much harder to hit when rebelling.

Pros.- There are already a multitude of weapons that allow scouts these advantages, and I personally feel scout doesn't need this to become a better class.
On La Jailbreak where I've been playing for a year I don't really see scouts double jumping a lot, since its not really a fundamental part of Jailbreak, since scout should be relying on aim and precision and not this Boston boy jumping of the air particles.

Extras and explanations/Final vote. My reasoning for the neutrals, Scouts will have an unfair advantage which I feel is big, however Im not putting it as a negative since warden may restrict double jumping. Next point was rebelling reds, I honestly don't like stalling the round to kill one fast Boston boy jumping off the air particles being practically impossible to hit and being combo'd with the winger having more aerial space to cover. However its a neutral point as guards will have the same tool at their advantage to avoid some rebellers. Final vote -1.

Alright I can see your stance on this topic but, if I could explain this a little bit more in depth that would be swell. So, yes most of scouts weapons rely on precision and well timing just to initially kill someone. The only problem with this is no problem at all. There are differences between an amazing scout and a bad scout. A good scout uses the double jumps and his practicing on being a better scout allow him to win most fights he encounters. Picture this:
A scout on red is rebelling and has ammo and there is a sniper on the other team that is decent. The sniper can get multiple more body shots and damage from his smg (if he has one) on the scout only because the scout has no double jump. But, if the scout did have double jump than the sniper would have a harder time predicting where the scout will land and the scout wins. Scout in himself is a class where he needs to rely on his double jumps and precision. A scout can’t necessarily rely on chip damage from his scatter gun and pistol from far away because scout relys heavily on getting the drop on the enemy. And yes people can use this to gain advantages in minigames I am not suggesting that scout on the red team should automatically start with his double jump that would be stupid and more annoying. They can also have a better chance at survival when rebelling and they have the double jump to help them rebel which is the main point of rebelling which is running away and getting ammo when the blu’s aren’t looking. Yes this can be more annoying but, in all reality that’s the whole purpose of scout. Scout as a class is weak and should be able to double jump normally and without it he wouldn’t feel right.

laptivv

sanity
★ Donor ★
Jan 1, 2020
England
-1 No need for double jumps when you can use the sandman weapon to hit one of the blus with the ball and then have double jumps.

Also, it's very annoying when it comes for double jumps in Minecraft maps its a lot easier to rebel.

I won't be changing up my decision since it's very annoying.

got any questions DM me. <3

Vibeprounder999

May 6, 2020
Neutral i dont mind double jump back in JB but i dont see the point as person ontop said u can just use sandman to hit a blue so its basically useless i wouldnt say in all JB if u said on some JB said the Ip address i would have voted 1+ but for me its Neutral

PROFIT

Chronic Bag Chaser
Admin ★
★ Donor ★
Jan 16, 2020
(First off im pretty sure on IL its a bug that scouts can’t double jump because I remember someone saying that to me)

I purposely avoid IL because scouts can’t double jump on that server. As someone who loves playing scout it ruins the fun of trying to get the rebel status and juke blues who cannot hit their shots.
+1

Smug Rebellion

Master Rebeller
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Apr 7, 2020
Neutral i dont mind double jump back in JB but i dont see the point as person ontop said u can just use sandman to hit a blue so its basically useless i wouldnt say in all JB if u said on some JB said the Ip address i would have voted 1+ but for me its Neutral

This mechanic is on some JB servers but, not all of them. I gave IL as an example and I do believe that there are more servers that do not allow double jump. Plus I wasn’t saying that if you are on red and you are scout you get double jump from the gecko. No! Now that idea would be stupid because than it would make the game harder. I was simply suggesting that in some servers they do not have double jump and you can only jump once. But, in other servers you can double jump when either on Blu or you are on Red and you Rebel by hitting a Blu or getting ammo. Plus not many people realize that scout as a class is supposed to be annoying he isn’t supposed to be easy to fight and has been like that ever since the game came out.
Plus, using a sandman on a guard and it actually hitting them is considered force bait so they are automatically dead or warden can enable class restrictions (unless warden pardons them.)

D

Deleted member 8006

This mechanic is on some JB servers but, not all of them. I gave IL as an example and I do believe that there are more servers that do not allow double jump. Plus I wasn’t saying that if you are on red and you are scout you get double jump from the gecko. No! Now that idea would be stupid because than it would make the game harder. I was simply suggesting that in some servers they do not have double jump and you can only jump once. But, in other servers you can double jump when either on Blu or you are on Red and you Rebel by hitting a Blu or getting ammo. Plus not many people realize that scout as a class is supposed to be annoying he isn’t supposed to be easy to fight and has been like that ever since the game came out.
Plus, using a sandman on a guard and it actually hitting them is considered force bait so they are automatically dead or warden can enable class restrictions (unless warden pardons them.)

After reading this, I am going to give this a +1.

As you said, scouts should only be able to double jump if they are either on the BLU team or have rebel status as a RED. At first I thought you meant that you wanted scouts to be able to double jump all the time for both teams and I was going to give a -1 because of that, but this clarified things.

Buns

-
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jan 5, 2020
I see many things that I can agree with and disagree within this thread. I will be giving my vote now and I will also be saying a few things to back up my vote. Please note that most of the things I am saying refer to scouts on blu, not red (since scouts can just rebel and easily get it).

1. Jb servers with and without double jumping for scouts kind of set a line between those servers.
What I mean by this is that certain people enjoy having a double jump on servers without the bug since it provides more mobility for the scout. This also lets the scout survive more situations that would easily get them killed (i.e. a charging demoknight going straight for him. He won't be able to get out of the situation without his double jump since his speed won't do much). This allows rebelling to be more complicated and should put reds in a situation to make a plan to rebel when certain classes with high mobility or a lot of health are on the blu team. I know this may be biased but this is what I see in my opinion.
2. The scout is a great class for the blu team with his double jump
Ever since I started playing Jailbreak, I have always seen a trend. Many times I see players going scout for his mobility and his ability to take down classes at a high rate. But on separate servers that don't have double jump, that mobility tremendously drops as that is what the scout should be used for. Going around the map in search of rebellers or taking down big targets that got ammo. Without double jump, many of those abilities just don't work like they used to. I see many servers filled with snipers and soldiers and heavys these days that it is just surprising. Without his mobility, the scout just isn't that good like he is in servers that don't have this bug unless he is in head to head combat with a red.

Honestly, I think a lot of the things I have said are biased. There are many things that I have not stated that still can be. A lot of people in this thread have already stated many things about why it should be here or not, and I am more than happy to hear your opinions on what I said. As of now though, Scout's double jump will be perfect to have in all servers for how much it can benefit to Jb servers altogether.
+1

Status
Not open for further replies.