Any ideas on how to be a good warden?

PoopyJoe

Jun 9, 2021
Ever since the first time I’ve ever done cellwars 1 per cell and my beautiful orders such as “bomb rush through minefield no jump day with cc” and “bomb rush through obby facing backwards with cc” I have received a lot of complaints towards my orders so I want to know how your version of being a “good warden” / ideas on how to be a “good warden”

The Pesterer

Forum Robot
Jul 13, 2021
Armory
do not do cellwars every time u have the chance, only do cellwars when there are a lot of reds and barely any blus, u can also use cellwars as a punishment for reds for rebelling
Post automatically merged:

also heres a tip. reds hate hard mini games in my opinion i dont really care about hard minigames like minefield cc no jump day but other reds are not so happy about them

also do not mute reds or guard. that will def make u hated

only mute if they are: micspamming, talking over u and being toxic

GorillaJones

Amphetamine'd
Aug 7, 2021
Tips

1. Asking REDs to see what they want to do for the round is a good way to see what you should do

2. Only do friendly fire if by default there is an LR for it, or if there is a low RED:BLU ratio

3. Do not warden hog or go warden 3 times in a row. Allow your fellow BLUs to go warden for a chance and use them as inspiration.

4. Don't do the same thing over and over again (such as going the same route every order)

5. if you're going to mute REDs/BLUs do it only if they're micspamming or you need to give orders that are lengthy.

6. Let REDs keep their basic rights (such as taunting, looking around, and talking using either text or voice chat)

7. Don't be the kind of warden that will encourage REDs to rebel, or be so hated deep inside that REDs don't want you as the warden (like Poopy Joe)

8. Do trick orders and just follow strictly by WL.TF jailbreak standards.

9. USE LOGIC (in caps specifically when it comes to your obstacle course order). For example when you say bombrush through obstacle course making them face the opposite direction with collisions, making reds jump on that pole part will force them to knock each other into that damn pit. Also remember bombrushing means no detours or delays, so forcing all reds to go one at a time at the poles is not bombrushing, but would be a pretty good idea and would prevent death.

SpringTf2

Apr 3, 2021
Tips

1. Asking REDs to see what they want to do for the round is a good way to see what you should do

2. Only do friendly fire if by default there is an LR for it, or if there is a low RED:BLU ratio

3. Do not warden hog or go warden 3 times in a row. Allow your fellow BLUs to go warden for a chance and use them as inspiration.

4. Don't do the same thing over and over again (such as going the same route every order)

5. if you're going to mute REDs/BLUs do it only if they're micspamming or you need to give orders that are lengthy.

6. Let REDs keep their basic rights (such as taunting, looking around, and talking using either text or voice chat)

7. Don't be the kind of warden that will encourage REDs to rebel, or be so hated deep inside that REDs don't want you as the warden (like Poopy Joe)

9. USE LOGIC (in caps specifically when it comes to your obstacle course order). For example when you say bombrush through obstacle course making them face the opposite direction with collisions, making reds jump on that pole part will force them to knock each other into that damn pit. Also remember bombrushing means no detours or delays, so forcing all reds to go one at a time at the poles is not bombrushing, but would be a pretty good idea and would prevent death.
I feel like he’s just doing this for attention. I think it’s pretty obvious by now. He isn’t gonna take anyone’s advice and will continue to do the same shit over and over again.

The Pesterer

Forum Robot
Jul 13, 2021
Armory
Tips

ok if im being honest. i think ive broke 2-2 of the thing u said

GorillaJones

Amphetamine'd
Aug 7, 2021
ur poofect poopy joe you dont need to change dont listen to bad wardens like gorilla jone
image0.gif

Your reaction

SlavMcgopnik

Nov 3, 2021
1. Cell Wars is a tool that should be used sparingly, save it for days where the ratio of reds to blues is skewed way towards the reds, or on days that tend to devolve into mass rebellion anyway (Kids day, Overheal Day, Featherweight day). Using it off cooldown for no real reason is a great way to get hated by the reds.

2. Speaking of, don't get hated by the reds, it makes it a certainty that you'll be dealing with tons of rebels every round. You don't have to get them to love you but they at the very least shouldn't be whining in chat over you simply becoming warden.

3. A good trick order relies on wordplay or careful memory, a bad trick order relies on the order being so complicated as to make it hard to follow. Starting jeopardy with Warden presses buttons only day active is a classic trick order, Bumrush behind the blue line afk afm is a classic trick order. Apocalypse day and its derivatives are shit trick orders, talking super fast is just being an asshole and not a trick at all.

4. Have a large set of options, I distinctly recall you had maybe 3 or 4 things you would do as warden with no variety, which is huge fuel for rebellions.

5. Try to always have the reds doing something, ideally reds should be in or heading to some kind of activity or game by the 10 minute mark and that's being pretty generous.

6. For the love of god, don't be one of those "I hate blues and will punish them" type wardens. It's cringeworthy and makes the game super slow most of the time.

Reactions: DocDelete and Sezei

Kol.

Forum Activist
Nov 22, 2020
Try to listen to reds request as if they get freekilled , pay attrntion to caht more often that’ll help.Ask reds what they want to do and not propose thme insanely hardcore mini games like arena or obby backwards with cc… Just make sure guards don’t complain about hou muting them too often , that’s the point of communications in jb.