Accepted Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 9, 2018
Hello there

I received a permanent ban because I shared an IP of another server not related to wonderland to another person. The person was wanting to find a good strange rank up server & wanted to farm in the server. I offered him an IP of a server I previously had that I don't join anymore. Somehow, that is considered advertising. I also I never knew that until now. And they also, in my opinion, don't make it very clear that advertising can result in an instant permanent ban. (even when sharing an IP with someone else) I never knew of this rule until I checked the rules again, & it said not to advertise servers. But they never specified about sharing IP's with other players, just advertising other servers in general. An example would be saying "Hey dude! Check out this cool server I found! It's got (insert stuff here) & it's called (insert name here)" in the server. Not sharing an IP.

Reactions: Jasmine

Xanerino

Am I doing it right?
★ Donor ★
Jul 15, 2017
United Kingdom
Asking people to join a different communities server isn't what I'd class as a simple accident. It's not our responsibility to teach you the rules, especially one so simple as to not post an ip to another community - surely this is common sense?

That being said, I've shortened the ban to a week. Any other punishments for this will stay permanent. Thanks for linking your steamid and ban btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.