• We are giving away VIP+ and a bunch of games! Check out the Giveaways section.

Declined Application - Second Time Around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frussly

Patience, I dont have.
★ VIP ★
  • No VAC/Game ban(s) on record ✔
  • Clean [+]SteamREP ✔
  • No active bans on the community. ✔
  • Member in our steam group | Info
  • At least 16+ years old (preferred 18+)
  • Team Fortress 2 playtime: 600+ hours
  • No limited/F2P Steam account. | Info
  • Forum account created at least 2 weeks prior to the application ✔
  • Sufficient English skills.
  • Server connection time: 48+ hours
  • Owning and actively using a discord account ✔
  • No private Steam profile. ✔
  • Sufficient forum activity.

Age (dd/mm/yy): I am currently 17. 14/04/2001

SteamID : STEAM_0:0:45794260
SteamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198051854248
SteamID3 : [U:1:91588520]

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes I do, and I use it frequently
How good is your English? (rating: 0 - 10): I would say it have improved since last time I applied so I’d give it a confident 9
Will you be able to help donate monthly?: I am able to do so, yes.

1. At what times are you mostly available to administrate on the servers?:

Whenever I am awake & not working. I no longer attend to school due to personal reasons. I do not want to elaborate unless it is important.
My locked in schedule, where i am unable to administrate is:

Every Thursday: 4 PM – 9 PM CET

Every other Monday: 4 PM – 9 PM CET

Every other Saturday: 8 AM – 4 PM CET

(Give or take ½ an hour after each shift for me to get home, bathe, etc.)

2. Have you ever held an administrator or moderator position for another community? If so, what position did you hold and for how long did/have you hold/held it?:

Yes. I was staff here, in WonderLand for 90 days total, or just under 3 months, where I was mod the first month, and Admin the following 2. Prior that some bits and bobs on some Minecraft servers that wasn’t nearly as serious as this.

3. How do you feel your acceptance as a Server Administrator and Forum Moderator will affect the community?:
I personally feel like it would affect it greatly. A month back where I was still staff, almost everyone that played on the servers regularly knew who I was & always greeted me and was thankful for me just being on the server.
After I was no longer staff, that kind of gratitude and respect is/was still around & I have multiple times been the person to stop an argument just because people listen to me, even though I have nothing to say, so to speak. I felt like what I did back then made a difference, and I will continue to do so.

4. How would you improve the community/servers overall?:
Considering I don’t have to attend school any longer I have an incredible amount of time I can spend on the servers and help out with all sorts of situations, and since I’ve been staff before I already know what to do in the majority of said situations. I would of course contribute positively to the community over all as I have in the past. I would like to give WonderLand a better reputation than it already has, and improve on it even further. It would be done purely by being active and acting correct in situations that require it.

5. Which Wonderland.tf servers do you usually play on and what time?:
As back then, I don’t have a specific time to play on specific server. It’s all about what I just feel like in the moment. Alternatively, back when I was staff; where I was needed the most, and what felt most chaotic, without breaking my sanity. However, I will still list my most played servers after the 7.0 & 7.7 JB update:

• WonderLand.tf | Jailbreak – Custom! (94.130.49.180:27016)
  • WonderLand.tf | Trading! – FREE ITEMS! (212.24.111.109:27016)
  • WonderLand.tf NY | Jailbreak – Custom! (104.243.38.50:27027)
  • WonderLand.tf (UK) | 2Fort (213.239.196.115:27026 & 185.38.149.225:27024)

6. Do you have any experience administrating through SourceMod?:
As I was staff here for almost 3 months, yes I have plenty. I had multiple binds for SourceMod commands as well.

7. How have you supported the community so far?:
-Donated to get VIP+
-Reported a couple of people on forums.
-Reported multiple people over Discord.
-Reported multiple people via steam directly to an admin/mod.
-Called for admins both ingame and via discord/steam.
-Donated more to support the community, not in order to get any benefits.
-Given out VIP (Keys) to a couple of regulars & current staff members
-Helped out current staff with rulings (touch-ups), considering I’ve memorized almost every single one
-Recorded proof for actions by staff, when they weren’t able to do so themselves.

8. Why should we accept you into the team?:
I would be a credible part of the staff team, that I put pride & work into being part of it. I would do my best to keep the community clean and give fitting punishments to the people who deserves them. I can handle the responsibility that comes with power & have shown it in the past. I enjoy helping people out, and I am active on both on the forums & in Discord.

9. Anything else you want to tell us?
I hope you can look past my mistakes in the past, and give me another chance to prove, that I am a credible part of the staff team, and that I do care about the community as I showed back then.
I will not go into detail about said issues here. If you want to know, you can PM me on discord or on steam, or ask any current Administrative member.

Mom

Dumb Ass
★ VIP ★
Honorary Member ★
While I can vouch for you having been a decent past staff member, I feel like your app comes off as a little over confident in a few places, other than that it looks pretty good. ( I don't think the app needs to know you make time to bathe just fyi. )

Dovydas

Admin ★
I didn't vote on your first app so ill vote on this one. yes

Mc_Duck ♫ ||-//

Waddle Waddle
Admin ★
★ VIP ★
I am willing to give you another shot, but you reapplied a bit to early. In my opinion you should’ve waited at least ~1 month more. So I’ll go with a
Neutral

Madi

Head-Admin
Head-Admin ★★
I’m with Duck here, I can‘t support an application this early. -1

Ra Ra RasPOOTIS

Lover of the Russian Queen
Admin ★
★ VIP ★
I have a few major concerns with you. First, how quickly you reapplied after being removed from the team. Secondly your maturity is a concern for me. You have a history of not being able to take criticism and thinking that when other staff members were either trying to help you or tell you that you were wrong, you took it as a personal attack. Another event that made me question you was when you quit discord while being a part of the staff team. Couple all of this with the multiple times you were scolded for enforcing rules wrong and how short your temper is, I cannot support you. No.

Frussly

Patience, I dont have.
★ VIP ★
Regarding how fast i applied again; I did it exactly one month after i got demoted. I did so, because i felt the reason i got removed in the first place was illogical and rather biased, instead of being what i did/did not do. I thought it would be looked over, or not noticed as much, considering i felt it was pretty irrelevant. I see i was wrong, apologies.

In the beginning where i just started out as a mod, i did a couple of major mistakes, where i was warned at criticized on how things were run here, and i took that like you're supposed to. And yes, mistakes were made later on, and i can only apologies for my actions i did back then. I see that some of the arguments i started, was me being wrong from the get-go, but the way that the Super-Admins, primarily Eight, responded to it, was always "This is how it goes, because i say so". Rarely did a reasoning behind such thing follow up, and only if i asked why. I have a very argumentative nature and I am still trying to find the balance. Apologies once again.

I quit discord upon request from Eight. Not exactly what he said, but he said something along the lines of "If you cant handle the discord, just ignore it". And due to me knowing myself, i knew i wouldn't be able to stay away, so i took a break from the discord all together & it was wonderful. It was pretty much just my way of coping with an order given by a Superior

Side note: Not once did my arguing or "misbehavior" went beyond anything but the Discord. After i was warned first time around to follow the guidelines strictly, nothing happened ingame regarding this issue

SuperGuard

British Quality Gentleman
Super-Admin ★

Waiting a month after having an app denied is fine, but waiting a month after being demoted is again in my opinion too short. Also I'm concerned with you being accepted because I believe you may engage in arguments with other staff members again. Not to say you were a poor staff member but until until I see an ideal attitude change and the belief that you can work well with the rest of the team, I don't think I can support this quite yet.

SuperGuard

British Quality Gentleman
Super-Admin ★
Can you elaborate on this?
You were a decent staff member when it came to working (other than a few errors with rules). It's just the main issue I saw was you not being able to cooperate with most other staff members properly.

Sanxis

Symmetra rework will fail
Admin ★
You’ve made some mistakes in the past which caused you to get into arguments with other staff. But I’m sure you’ve learned from those and eager to make things right this time. Dont disappoint us .

+1

Walnuts

Head NutCracker Commander ★Very Important Nut★
Admin ★
+1

You have many different mistakes in the past, but with all staff members that is expected, especially if you are new. Your views on the rules are similar to those who are not staff members. The main difference is that some rules are interpreted differently. I used to think this way as well, now after being a staff member for a while, I can see the differences in both points of view. You are very argumentive, I don't believe that this is a bad thing in your case, as you strive for clarification for the normal users. Most of the rules that you were arguing with were rules that were not written anywhere. I believe that the rules should have included those, if not you can't enforce it.

I have seen you not enforcing in rules that you disliked, this is a problem, but I know you can learn from this mistake.

You are very active, with the problem of the low staff count this is a very good thing.

I don't believe that the time between your demotion and now is not much of a problem, as it has been a month, but it should be taken into consideration.

When you were an admin I had a good time working with you.

I would like to see you as a staff member again

Ra Ra RasPOOTIS

Admin ★
★ VIP ★
As a concerned member brought up (I'm reposting because it brings up valid points) Direct quote:

"
I have seen you not enforcing in rules that you disliked, this is a problem, but I know you can learn from this mistake.

I don't believe that the time between your demotion and now is not much of a problem, as it has been a month, but it should be taken into consideration.

But in the bigger picture, this was (seemingly) because of his stubborn/argumentative attitude as shown when he was a staff member. Therefore, I can't agree with you that it is one mistake that can simply be fixed, more-so the bigger, main issue of Frussly's attitude. For example:

(Console.WriteLine (); to You) Console.WriteLine (); : No, its Eight ' s rule

(Console.WriteLine (); to You) Console.WriteLine (); : and i dont enforce it

From past event, context I had told staff to enforce against players using warden slay whilst staff were on, and later I caught him outright refusing to.

For the second event, it is not only the fact that he has re-applied soon after the demotion, it is that it's a stretch to trust his behavior has completely been fixed in a relatively short period of time.

Anyway, I would advise that staff be more cautious, and not jump to forgiving and forgetting that the core issues with his behavior has fixed. I don't mean to sound pretentious, but I fear that is what this application's positive votes are focusing on."

Frussly

Patience, I dont have.
★ VIP ★
Regarding the part of me saying its "Eight's Rule" it needs to be explained before you get it.

Before i wrote it, we had a discussion about said rule as you quote, where the majority of staff agreed that the rule was irrelevant, so i thought it was fair to not do it. Later i saw Eight still enforcing it & was confused, so i thought he just went off the track with it and did what i was supposed to, and not ask questions.
As i still thought it was accepted that the rule no longer applied i didn't enforce it, since it was only Eight (from what i saw) who was enforcing it. It might've come off aggressive but wasn't meant that way in any shape or form.

Me not following "orders" or what you would like to call them is only because i never saw the point in it, and I was barely ever given a good reason to the questions. If I was explained why things were done with logical arguments instead of "just do it", "do as you're told" or "I'm SA" no arguments would have been made. Credit to @demon for actually taking his time and explaining why things worked such and such at times though. Massive credit to you.

I'd still like to say sorry for the times where i deliberately went to insult Eight to get his attention, since it was a stupid move and wasn't okay in the first place.

For his last point: I dont mind you showing the/my flaws, but if you wanna give advice to staff, do it in private messages to the specific person, not on my application. The only thing you accomplish with that is paint me in a worse light than you already did by demoting me in the first place, if that wasn't the intention, then i dont get why you wrote it in the first place.

Ra Ra RasPOOTIS

Admin ★
★ VIP ★
Me not following "orders" or what you would like to call them is only because i never saw the point in it, and I was barely ever given a good reason to the questions.
This is my biggest concern. I understand the frustration of not understanding why we enforce/ dont enforce certain rulings but regardless when someone holds a higher position than you, you're supposed to do what they tell you. Asking questions is fine but escalating it into a borderline argument (outside of PM) is not. There was also the issue with a ruling you made that a majority of staff disagreed with you and you basically blew it off and said you would continue to enforce it the way you did.

Frussly

Patience, I dont have.
★ VIP ★
I understand the concern regarding this whole thing, thinking about how much time has passed since all this has happened, and you dont believe a change has happened. I can see it from your perspective and I would be cautious myself. The thing is I have no way of proving it, since i can't do anything to prove it. But even with time there's nothing I can do to prove it. No way of showing it. It's all on you, and maybe you're right, it was a little early, but my chances are just the same now, as they will be later, because of what I said previously.

Regarding the rule "I made myself", I gotta be honest, I dont quite get what you refer to here? I do not recall anything like that happening, unless you mean the whole "Ray Situation" where I was wrong from the get-go, and again didn't understand why, since my interpretation of the rule was just plain wrong. The way that whole thing turned out to be way bigger than it should've, and it was pretty much just mixed interpretations on how the rule were played out. I, once again, apologies for that, just like I did the day after the incident, back then.
But again I dont recall not enforcing a rule except the one that I mistakenly thought no longer applied. -

Meth

Owner ★★★
for reasons already mentioned enough times above

Madi

Head-Admin
Head-Admin ★★
Application declined.

You may reapply in 3 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.