Accepted "Avoiding Punishment" Appeal (1 wk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shredalert

Jun 16, 2021
1.) Include your ban profile link:
PlayerBat
Steam IDSTEAM_0:1:72351112
Steam3 ID[U:1:144702225]
Steam Community76561198104967953

steamcommunity.com/id/theactualengineertf2

2.) Explain what happened / why you have been banned:
2021-06-17 00:17:57 - Banned for 1 week from ★ WonderLand IL ⋙ Jailbreak ▬ Custom

Had just returned from a minor ban (1 hour, same server- I was spamming chat by placing Description Tags on stock items) and did a bit of micspam, just for laughs. Justifiably so, I was muted for 720 minutes by an admin (presumably thunder, as I do not know if any other admins were present). After a joking celebration, I was banned by thunder for a week for "avoiding punishment".

3.) Tell us why we should unban you:
I'm sure thunder had a valid reason, but I fail to see how I avoided punishment in any way. This is my second ever ban, preceded by my second ever mute (I had been previously muted a year ago? for the same reason- micspam), and I had fully waited out my previous ban from earlier today. I did attempt to join the server once or twice, just to see if the time on my hour-long ban was up. If that was the reason, then I fail to see how that was avoiding punishment.

thunder

lightning
Honorary Member ★
Sep 25, 2019
Maryland
I had meant to just edit your first ban as I was unsure of what punishment you should've gotten, completely forgot about it, and only remembered you when you had micspammed. So the avoiding punishment ban is from the spamming description tags after I had gagged you. Sorry about the confusion on that.

shredalert

Jun 16, 2021
I had meant to just edit your first ban as I was unsure of what punishment you should've gotten, completely forgot about it, and only remembered you when you had micspammed. So the avoiding punishment ban is from the spamming description tags after I had gagged you. Sorry about the confusion on that.
Oh, understood. I hadn't even realized when I was spamming Description Tags that you gagged me. If I did, I would've stopped. Sorry!

shredalert

Jun 16, 2021
Now that I think about it again, I still don't understand how I was avoiding punishment. Completely aside from me not realizing I had been gagged (which I should have, but I wasn't paying attention), I hadn't been spamming through chat messages, but rather through TF2's automatic "[player] has found: [item]" messages. Gagging can't stop those from appearing, which, combined with the fact that Club Glod was the current active minigame, is likely what prevented me from noticing in the first place. I understand that doesn't excuse the fact that I had been spamming in the first place, but the fact that the punishment imposed had no way of stopping the action makes the claim that I was avoiding punishment feel less justified.

Status
Not open for further replies.