Accepted Ban appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Improbable

Jul 21, 2020
Hello, i would like to appeal a ban i've apparently had in 2018:

1.) Include your ban profile link:

2.) Explain what happened / why you have been banned:
I honestly do not know, i dont think i've ever seen jailbreak before nor played it, so i'm not sure why i'm even banned

3.) Tell us why we should unban you:
I'm not telling you to, but i'd like that. I dont think i'm supposed to be banned since ive never really played jailbreak before, i'm not sure you got the right guy. It's a little surprising to me to be banned 2 years ago for a gamemode ive never seen before when i try to play with my friends on a community server.

Could you please unban me so i can have fun with friends on your servers? Thank you in advance.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
You were banned for being in the group "Nullcore Devs Lying" ("rektyouhomodevs"). I see you are no longer in this group, but can you explain why you were in it in the first place?

Being unresponsive will result in this appeal being declined.

Mr Improbable

Jul 21, 2020
People get banned for steam groups? o.o i see, anyway

Theres a (pretty young) guy on my friendslist i met in casual, he was very good at the technique behind trickstabs so i added him and we talked, he taught me stuff, i taught him stuff, he mostly talked on a daily basis to me and i lent him a listening ear.

He was in a pretty bad place mentally at the time and i kiiinda couldnt be assed but i felt like giving him an ear to talk to would help him cope with his problems, he didnt seem to have anyone else to talk to. I didnt want to abandon him to whatever issues he has/had.

After some months he started playing around with groups and stuff on steam, this guy basically just sent me liek 3000 group invites, which annoyed me horribly so i just pressed yes on all of them and i figured i'd just sort it out later. This "later" never really came, at some point i left most of them but after about 15 minutes of going to groups and pressing leave i got sick of it and decided (again) i'd finish leaving all the groups later. I still have to finish it but i kinda cba, i didnt know anyone gave a shit about steam groups, so i thought nothing of it.

In retrospect theyre not exactly the kinda group you'd want on your resume,and shouldve just rejected them all and tell him to quit it, but thats hindsight for you.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
We disallow membership within cheating/cheater-related groups since it's common for cheaters from them to target our servers, and so it saves the limited time we have to ban them.

Anyway, I found nothing suspicious regarding you, so your story checks out. I've unbanned you, but be more careful about the groups you join in the future.

Appeal accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.