Accepted Banned for being a "duplicate account"

Status
Not open for further replies.

slunky

Apr 3, 2020
I have well over 1.5k hours on TF2 (rookie numbers I know) and me and my brother were playing on Wonderland when we both got banned for being a duplicate account, I'm sure it's a misunderstanding. We don't use a VPN or a Proxy that would trigger any security on the servers. Slunky is me and Smelly is my younger brother. (He's to young to have his own email)Screenshot 20200402 232224Screenshot 20200402 232202

sowon

Valorant
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 12, 2019
united kingdom
Hi, the reason both of you are getting duplicate account bans are because either of you are still trying to connect to our serves when one of you is still banned.
For example, if you or your brother are banned for 3 days for whatever reason, and either of you try connect to our servers, that person will be hit with a duplicate account ban that lasts for double length, in this example, 6 days.
I noticed both of you are serving duplicate account bans at ludicrously-long lengths due to you and your brother continually connecting to our servers after your initial 1 day ban for usage of a homophobic slur. You and your brother have only worsened this.

I'm going to unban both of the accounts since you have served your initial valid 1 day ban. Please try to watch your language in the future regarding homophobic or racial slurs.

Additionally, please be more careful in the future about using alternate/different accounts when one of the accounts has a current ban on it, as this only leads to worsened lengths, and causes inconveniences like this one. The bans are linked to your IP, so if either account gets banned, virtually both are 'banned' due to one serving a ban.

If you have any further issues connecting, feel free to contact me through forum PMs.

Appeal accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.