Accepted Banned for "Duplicate Accounts" (Ban Appeal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmJay

Apr 7, 2020
Hello,
Today I was trying to join the 'Wonderlands Hightower No Carts' server and was issued a ban as soon as I connected
Went to the Ban List to see what it was all about and it said 'Duplicate Accounts', but it didn't make sense since I only have one account and no other...

Here is some information that may help:
My Steam Username: EmJaySucksAtGames
Link to my ban: https://bans.wonderland.tf/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=EmJaySucksAtGames&advType=name

I am willing to do anything to help get this fixed,
Thank you.

sowon

Valorant
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 12, 2019
united kingdom
Hi, I checked your ban and discovered another account to be banned on the same IP as you, which would be you were flagged for having a duplicate account. The ban on this other account was invokved 06/04.

Do you have any association to the account above? It was coincidentally banned on a hightower server, the same server which you were trying to connect to.

EmJay

Apr 7, 2020
Although I do not have any association to that account, it's url strikes me as very disturbing as it is very similar to the url of a certain player who had a feud with me on that same server about a week ago, and that same person commented on my profile saying "no one loves u" 12 hours ago.
His link is: https://steamcommunity.com/id/_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_
But you said it was on the same IP as me, which makes no sense since I am the only user in the house that uses Steam and I have never logged out of my account.

sowon

Valorant
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 12, 2019
united kingdom
Hi, I looked into that profile and they're logged in on from Russia, which is a different country to the account that was banned on your IP.

If you don't mind, can you please confirm your country? You have various IPs linked to your account which might explain why you have been marked for a duplicate account despite claiming to only have one account.

EmJay

Apr 7, 2020
I live in the United Arab Emirates, Al Ain.
Multiple countries though is explainable as I sometimes use a vpn to be able to access a sheet music website (Musescore), I like to practice piano and sometimes end up leaving the proxy on, but I usually turn it off after seeing the ping
Post automatically merged:

This is the proxy I use, if it's of any help. It's called Softether VPN ClientScreenshot 24

sowon

Valorant
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 12, 2019
united kingdom
Okay, I'll believe you. But in the future, if you have any issues with players, I highly recommend please either call an admin using the in-game function, use the reporting to staff channel on our Discord, or make a forum report, so that staff can take action about players that are troubling you.

However, whilst investigating all the accounts in question, I took a look at your chat logs for context regarding the account(s) you got in a feud with, and found a lot of chatspam from yourself.

I do not like this behaviour and have applied a 30 minutes chat communication block on you for the above excerpt.

I will unban you shortly, if you have any further issues connecting to our servers once you have been unbanned, feel free to contact me through forum PMs.

Appeal accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.