Resolved Can I get a clear agreed upon definition of admin impersonation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam!

Jul 23, 2018
United States of America
Ok so it seems like every admin I ask about this gives me a different answer from having even the word admin in my name being impersonation too it being only if I am like ‘I am an admin bow down before my power’ so I’d just like to get a clear definition so I don’t have too ask any more questions

RulerOfTheFae

Forum Activist
Aug 26, 2017
Canada, Ontario
If you act in a way that would make others believe you are an admin or have admin powers, or try to convince people you are on, or pretending to be a person that is an admin (For example changing your steam name and profile to Ra Ra RasPootis)
All the ways I could imagine on the top of my head are:
1. Pretending to be a pre-existing admin (such as the previously listed example)
2. Implying admin powers such as telling people to not break rules or else you'll punish them
3. Explicitly claiming you are an admin/have admin powers

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
If you act in a way that would make others believe you are an admin or have admin powers, or try to convince people you are on, or pretending to be a person that is an admin (For example changing your steam name and profile to Ra Ra RasPootis)
All the ways I could imagine on the top of my head are:
1. Pretending to be a pre-existing admin (such as the previously listed example)
2. Implying admin powers such as telling people to not break rules or else you'll punish them
3. Explicitly claiming you are an admin/have admin powers
Yes.

Also using tags/words such as "Admin," "Mod," etc. in your username can be considered as staff impersonation. Of course, a name like "Admin abuse" or "Not an admin" is fine, but if you have a name like "Admin Pyro," "[Owner] MinecraftGamer420," or even your name, yes that can fall under admin impersonation since you're stating you're an admin or whatever staff rank in the name.

Adam!

Jul 23, 2018
United States of America
Yes.

Also using tags/words such as "Admin," "Mod," etc. in your username can be considered as staff impersonation. Of course, a name like "Admin abuse" or "Not an admin" is fine, but if you have a name like "Admin Pyro," "[Owner] MinecraftGamer420," or even your name, yes that can fall under admin impersonation since you're stating you're an admin or whatever staff rank in the name.
Thank you for the definition is it ok if I ask why having it in your name counts as impersonation? I just find it confusing how having admin in someone’s name counts when no existing admins have admin in there name?

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Thank you for the definition is it ok if I ask why having it in your name counts as impersonation? I just find it confusing how having admin in someone’s name counts when no existing admins have admin in there name?
Because by naming yourself Admin or some variant, you are claiming you are an admin, thereby impersonating.

Status
Not open for further replies.