• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

TF2 Capital (letters) lives matter,!TP doesn't work.

Prins

Oct 24, 2021
Have you ever tried spamming ”!TP”, without realizing it's in capitals? I have got a solution to that! The current code only responds to the non-capitalized command, which makes it annoying when your caps lock is on:
- You could try to use the ”capitalize() method which returns a copy of the original string, and converts the first character of the string to a capital (uppercase) letter while making all other characters in the string lowercase letters.”
- Example: If you type ”!TP”, the code converts the command to ”!Tp” and if you type ”!tp”, the code converts the command to ”!Tp”.

This also prevents accidental, unnecessary spamming! And of course, I'm not an expert in coding. But it should give you an idea.

GorillaJones

Amphetamine'd
Aug 7, 2021
Have you ever tried spamming ”!TP”, without realizing it's in capitals? I have got a solution to that! The current code only responds to the non-capitalized command, which makes it annoying when your caps lock is on:
- You could try to use the ”capitalize() method which returns a copy of the original string, and converts the first character of the string to a capital (uppercase) letter while making all other characters in the string lowercase letters.”
- Example: If you type ”!TP”, the code converts the command to ”!Tp” and if you type ”!tp”, the code converts the command to ”!Tp”.

This also prevents accidental, unnecessary spamming! And of course, I'm not an expert in coding. But it should give you an idea.
+1 annoying having caps lock on and having !tp to be case sensitive. No point in binding to be honest and making !tp not case sensitive would be much less annoying

Lux

Celebrity
Feb 26, 2021
a land far, far away
Or you can just not make it all caps. This is just a complicated solution to an already simple problem. Also if you want to prevent unnecessary spamming, you can always use / instead of ! By doing this way your commands wont show in chat.

Last edited:

Prins

Oct 24, 2021
Welp, rip.
Post automatically merged:

ive done it once, all i did was just make it lowercase. not a big of a deal. Mostly just QoL change if it can even be done that way.
Yes, it isn't a big of a deal, but we are talking about people having capslocks on without realizing it.

Or you can just not make it all caps. This is just a complicated solution to an already simple problem. Also if you want to prevent unnecessary spamming, you can always use / instead of ! By doing this way your commands wont show in chat.
As i said making it not all caps is kinda hard if you haven't realized caplocks is on. / works as a prevention, but if we're talking about long term i don't think it'll work since newcomers will have to be noticed about this. A lot of work, so binding is a better solution i guess.

I bonded /tp to my Q button. Problem solved.
Epic solution.

source cant understand caps, so it's virtually impossible
That's unfortunate.

Last edited: