• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Declined Deactivate the "+use" command on Jailbreak Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herobrine24

Dec 28, 2018
Germany
The issue with +use on Jailbreak servers is that it is an untracable interaction that can be abused by anyone.
For instance, several guards are standing at a button that toggles a minigame door with lethal properties. If one would to shoot it, everyone would know who it would be. With +use no one would be able to find out who pressed it and the warden wouldnt know who to voteslay or the admin wouldnt know who to slay but would be able to respawn the freekilled prisoners.

Thats why I propose this command to be enabled on all Jailbreak servers:

tf_allow_player_use <0/1> - Toggles the +use command on a server, useful for some custom maps. (default: 0) - server operator only

It wouldnt break the flow of Jailbreak or put anyone at a disadvantage. Except for when guards lock themselves in Blue Knifepit on jail_minecraft_dynf_v10d. Prisoners cannot open the doors unless they do the +use command.

If you have other examples of this command being abused or being required to avoid situations like the one in Knifepit then feel free to comment.

Reactions: pancakes_

Olaves

Amphetamine'd
Oct 27, 2017
London :D
It's necessary on maps like Casurina where you need it to get out of one of the secret rooms because the door doesn't open otherwise. Same, like you said, for knife pit in one of the Minecraft maps.

Also on days where "spies have sappers out and medics have their mediguns out", they need the +use function otherwise they will not be able to hit buttons at jeopardy if warden wants to be strict.

I personally don't think it makes much practical sense to remove the +use command BUT I understand where you are coming from and how it can be annoying and sometimes game-breaking (for Jailbreak). That's why I'm NEUTRAL about this but leaning towards -Support.

Reactions: TheMinecraftPoke
Status
Not open for further replies.