• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Accepted Demo charge in JB.

How to handle Demoman's charge in JB.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guac

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 11, 2019
I play jailbreak frequently, and REDs being able to charge after just rebelling in general (like hitting a baiting BLU) is incredibly overpowered as they can just forcebait, hide in a crowd, then charge out, kill a light class and go back into the pile. Restricting them to getting ammo would balance this out to be a better assassination class once you have rebelled and grabbed ammo.

Reactions: Hypernova

Olaves

Amphetamine'd
Oct 27, 2017
London :D
Here are my thoughts on it.

Blues are outnumbered anyways and should be able to charge freely without any restrictions.

Reds being able to charge SOUNDS fair but in reality, it's a shit show. I only recently discovered "the demoknight" but I find it FAR too easy to rebel as one. All I have to do is hit a guard and then it's game over for the blues. This, in turn, will lead to endless rounds of demoknights rebelling and no proper rounds.

Although I am against completely removing charge from red, I think it should be nerfed heavily. The best bet is to probably let red demos charge only when they have picked up an ammo crate rather than from hitting a guard. Also, increasing the recharge time and/or removing the charge resetting when you kill someone sounds like a fair nerf.

Reactions: TheMinecraftPoke

Lolichu

★ F + L = E ★
★ Donor ★
Feb 25, 2019
So, here is my thought about demo knight charging.

Long story short: I find it fair that blu's can charge freely while red's can charge only after rebelling.
  • The reason to this is that the red actually need's to reach rebelling in the first place which is absolutely not easy if the blu team is full of good player's that are aware and don't do random stuff/mess around such as baiting for no reason at all. Even if red's earned the charge, the blu's can still avoid the dangerous range of demo night's with high ground on map's like jb_minecraft. If a map doesn't have a lot of high ground they could still most likely outrange them anyway. But they could also counter them with heavy's that have good aim or the natascha which a hit on a charging demo result's into stopping the charge completely. This is hard to beat especially if the heavy has a medic making it most likely impossible to kill them on their own.
  • Also on purge the king classes were either soldier, heavy, medic or sniper. Adding a new king class to purge is actually a good variety making purge more fun with more challenging classes. Purge with demo night charging is still pretty good balanced in my opinion.

After all there are several way's to avoid or counter red demo night's. Blu demo night's don't really make a big difference after all since you still need a lot of skill to be a really really good demo night resulting the demo night rebel and guard meta kinda dieing and pending back to a normal balanced class selection.

After everything stated above if i didn't forgot anything. Demo night charging should stay the way it is. In my opinion.

Stao

Bully
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Nov 20, 2018
Minnesota
I think it's a fair assumption that red demo charge is OP in its current state. I believe the best thing would be for red demos to get charge on ammo drop. If this proves too OP still, we could add the cooldown too.

Reactions: Olaves

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
These changes have been made to Demoman's charging ability and will take effect next change-log:
  • He is only able to charge while marked as a rebel.
  • He has a longer cooldown before he can charge again.
Accepted.

Reactions: Stao
Status
Not open for further replies.