Resolved demo recording crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

tizzly

a idiot sandwich
★ Donor ★
Jul 7, 2018
Seattle, Washington
Mass-freekilling occurred yesterday while my demo was recording, the thing is somewhere 195,000 ticks, but the point is the freekilling occurred around 170,000 ticks and when I tried to skip to it my game crashes, but going slower and slower I realized it crashes at 50,000 ticks regardless how low the graphics or how low the speed is it crashes and I cannot get beyond in anyway. Is this fixable or no?

It may not seem wonderland-related too much but if there is a solution for this, I could be able to report rule-breakers once again on longer demo recordings.

sowon

Valorant
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 12, 2019
united kingdom
Are you able to send the demo? I have a fairly beefy PC with an i5-8600K overclocked to 4.9GHz, 16GB of system memory, and a GTX 1060, so I might able to scrub the timeline for you to ascertain if it's an issue with your own system or a demo issue.

sowon

Valorant
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 12, 2019
united kingdom
I attempted watching the demo on my PC, but my game abruptly closed even before 10,000 ticks, I tried watching the demo six times and all six times, I was unable to get past 10,000 ticks.

Can probably take from this that the issue is the demo. Is this the first time you've experienced problems with viewing demos?

tizzly

a idiot sandwich
★ Donor ★
Jul 7, 2018
Seattle, Washington
I attempted watching the demo on my PC, but my game abruptly closed even before 10,000 ticks, I tried watching the demo six times and all six times, I was unable to get past 10,000 ticks.

Can probably take from this that the issue is the demo. Is this the first time you've experienced problems with viewing demos?
Nope, this is the first time for me, though in the past I used to record shorter demos, but now I just constantly record longer demos as soon as I join servers until I leave.

Kruthal

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 2, 2017
Estonia
This may be the issue caused from dxlevel or any other modifications in the game, either way you could possibly verify the integrity of the game or in worst case re-install the game entirely, if this issue still occurs.

Since this thread has been up for quite a while now and no one has ever since given their input on how to fix this issue, I'll be closing the thread.

Ps. this could be also the issue from demos itself, however I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.