do NOT talk to this asshole

Status
Not open for further replies.

AkioHiro

Sep 24, 2018
this guy told me that he reported me by accident of having duped items and I'm very gullible so I did what he said and now I cant log in to my bloody account because he stole it.

I could not get his profile but his name is =Snipor~m@iN=
he might change it.

do not trust people like this

Attachments

• Screenshot (12).png
    Screenshot (12).png
    298.1 KB · Views: 20

StarOfSouls

Wired
★ Donor ★
Aug 5, 2018
On top of this, don't go to websites that they link you to. Even though the steam login is there, they fake that too and can just get your steam account. Don't trust any bans they tell you you might have, and don't listen to any warnings they give or any lies they tell you about their position. I've dealt with so many people adding me for hats, so I know what to look for. You just need to be very aware.

AkioHiro

Sep 24, 2018
On top of this, don't go to websites that they link you to. Even though the steam login is there, they fake that too and can just get your steam account. Don't trust any bans they tell you you might have, and don't listen to any warnings they give or any lies they tell you about their position. I've dealt with so many people adding me for hats, so I know what to look for. You just need to be very aware.
he didn't give me a link

Deleted member 598

Headset Freak
Sep 25, 2017
Sverige
I feel you since I made the same mistakes a few years ago. I got a random message from a friend telling me that someone had said or mentioned something about me in a steam post which he linked but at the time I didn't notice that one of the m's in the steamcommunity link were changed to an n. I clicked it and typed in my account details which of course led to me losing access to my account, my TF2 items and also the message being sent to my friends. However, as unlucky I was because of my stupidity I also contacted steam support who greatly helped me get my account and my items back.

Yes, the moral of the story is don't click any links especially if it's just from some random person in your friend list to which you haven't spoken to for quite some time. Even if it's your friends who you might constantly chat with be very cautious about it. Always read the link first to check if there is any misspellings or misplaces of letters in it and if you're not sure about a certain link don't click it at all then.

Honestly, skepticism is your friend when it comes to the internet, there's a lot of bad people out there and you need to be as prepared as possible, I've personally never lost my account, so I can't really understand however I'm a member of an irl group that is in charge of cyber security, and honestly the only thing we can agree on, (besides free food is mandatory for all our meetings) is that you should never really trust other people online. You know what they say.
"If somebody messages you on the internet about free TF2 hats, always click on it and give away any details that they ask for"

Status
Not open for further replies.