Does anyone ever get tired of PC Gaming?

Openfireops

Nov 24, 2019
I've been gaming on PC for two years now and frankly I think I'm getting fatigued. It always feel like a lot of work to set up, the games aren't really that satifisfying (I own almost 300 games thanks to discounts and humble bundle) save for a few, they're a pain to set up right too, and the wait to download is dreadful. Also the fact that I use my pc for homework and art, which can make gaming feel more like work. I honestly felt more inclined to use consoles more because they're typically just put in the game and play. Need to download and don't want to use a lot of energy? We'll download the game for you in our sleep and you can go to Menards to buy that paint you needed if you want. Playing an rpg or a game that uses limited save slots and consumable save tokens (Kingdom Come, BLURRGH,)? just put the game to sleep, go to work and pick right back up to where you left off. No need for eyestrain with up close screen time. I know gamer glasses exist, but as I said, I art and artists need colors without interference.

Edit: another potential factor to my fatigue, maybe it's also the possibility my chair isn't as comfortable as my couch.

Caddicarus is basically a PC convert, but I think I gotta agree with his old views on PC gaming. Am I the only one that feels that way?

Last edited:

Openfireops

Nov 24, 2019
That's why I just ordered an Oculus Rift S.
VR will be the biggest thing in the future.
I got a Windows Mixed Reality headset. I like it, or at least what it can do. Love Vr Chat and Rick and Morty Virtual Rickality for the novelty, AudioShield may be a weight loser or cramp builder I need, and Sprint Vector is damn unique. I'm also intrigued by Sanzura Games new god simulator game, bummer its an Oculus exclusive tho. Am looking forward to the new Half Life game, so hopefully it'll make me a convert.

Reactions: ĹĔĞĂČŶ

Red

Maniac
Nov 4, 2018
Hellas
Sometimes, you do get tired of it, usually cuz it gets too repetitive.
To avoid that, try out different game genres (stay away from card games, rpgs and mmos tho)

Few games to try out:

A Hat in Time
Arma 3
Borderlands 3
Cuphead
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)
Counter Strike: Global Offensive
Fortnite (avoid this one)
Gang Beasts (better w/ a controller)
Goat Simulator
Half Life Series
Hotline Miami 1 & 2
Hunt: Showdown
Katana Zero
Left 4 Dead 2
Mortal Kombat 11
PAYDAY 2
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (try out PUBG lite if you can't run the game on ur pc)
Portal 1 & 2
Rocket League
Stick Fight: The Game
Surgeon Simulator 2013
Team Fortress 2 (if you've played it already, try out different community gamemodes)
Tekken 7
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
Undertale
Unturned

If you'd like to play PC games off your couch, try getting the Steam Link, along with a Steam Controller.

sowon

Valorant
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 12, 2019
united kingdom
Yeah for sure, sometimes I get bored sitting at a screen using a keyboard & mouse to play something on my computer.

That's where my phone or my Nintendo Switch come into play for a change of scenery and atmosphere, as well as change of gameplay.

Remiss

Mr Society
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
U.S
I sometimes get bored of PC gaming, but that's usually when I'm at an all-time low, or not feeling that great. When I don't feel great, I kinda just get bored of everything that's usually fun for me. In that kinda situation, I just go down on my gamecube and practice speedrunning tricks and such for gamecube games I own. I probably wouldn't reach for any world records, but for games I do practice off of, I do find myself getting pretty close to some pretty good times.