Declined "Duplicate Account" Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonMeister

Dec 2, 2018
Hey Wonderland Mods,
Not that I play on Wonderland maps often, but recently I found out that whenever I try and join one of your servers I get automatically banned. This was confusing because I have never done anything wrong on your servers and when I looked into it the reason was "[SourceSleuth] Duplicate Account". It really is not the worst thing if I never play on these servers again but a ban due to a possible error is just a bit confusing.
Thanks, DragonMeister

DragonMeister

Dec 2, 2018
I believe someone has spoofed my IP address (I looked into this once I saw your comment and it is completely illegal, it is like they stole my digital identity). So needless to say being banned from game servers may be the least of my worries.

DragonMeister

Dec 2, 2018
I talked with the IT help desk at my campus and then the campus internet provider APOGEE and found out that they use a dynamic IP address which means that my IP address was likely not spoofed and it was probably some kind of unlikely error that occurred.

Captain Maxxy

Perfect Member
★ Donor ★
May 10, 2018
This story does not add up as the IP is yours and yours only, even if there was some "unlikely error" the chance of that error happening and you get matched up with the same IP as a cheater that happens to be on wonderland at the same exact time is way too low.

Appeal declined

Status
Not open for further replies.