Guide for rebelling on Jailbreak as The Scout.

Xene

Popular Member
Oct 31, 2019
I have been rebelling on jailbreak for almost 2 years, so I thought to share some tips. I will be doing sections for every class one by one. This time will be:

SCOUT

Scout is a very mobile class, you can pick your fights, run fast and 2 shot most blus.
Your first tip is to always listen to the wardens orders until you get an opening, most openings will be:

A rebeller distracting the blus
An order which leads you to an area blus haven't reached yet
Running with the crowd to a destination and secretly keep going farther.
Now if you get none of these opening you have two options:
Try to pull off a sick escape with your fast mobility
Don't rebel for the round and get LR.
The second option is self explanatory but for the first one all you have to do is use your fast mobility to dodge the blus and run away to a farther area of the map, I will talk about secret ammo packs later but if you're on a map with no secret ammo packs and only armory holds ammo like jail_minecraft_dynf_v10d you should hold out in one area, hide there and wait for the blus to leave main cell to enter the armory and grab ammo.

After you have successfully escaped the blus with an opening or an obvious get away you will try to get ammo, you can't kill all the blus if you don't have anything other than your melee, if the map you're playing on doesn't have secret ammo packs refer to the paragraph before, if it does try to reach it and stack at least 3 of them so you have enough ammo for your scattergun, remember your pistol is only a backup for tight situations or a farther away enemy, after you have gotten your ammo you won't rush into the entire enemy team, try to pick the off one by one, instead of going for 3 of them at once, you will see that everytime you chip at one of the blus the number of obstacles you have will drop and you will get more of an advantage. Picking off enemy after enemy is not a task I can teach you, you must be able to do it yourself. Watch some scout guide videos to learn how to effectively use your weapons.

MELEE WEAPONS

I wanted to make an entirely new section for melee weapons, because certain ones help more in battle, we all know you HAVE to have stock weapons as scout when rebelling, except sometimes pretty boys pocket pistol for that extra health. I will make sections talking about the various melee weapons you can use for scout when rebelling.

STOCK

The stock bat is a very good choice when rebelling, you can take out most classes with 4 hits from your bat, keep in mind scout has very fast melee swing speed, its a good choice when a squishy class is chasing you and you cant escape, keep in mind this will not always work.

CANDY CANE

The Candy Cane is also a good option, its practically the same as stock but you recieve a small health pack for killing the enemy chasing you with your bat, only problem though is that soldiers and demomans will now be a greater threat to you.

SANDMAN

I don't see any other use for the sandman other than get double jump by getting rebel status on some servers and SOMETIMES hitting a running enemy with the ball, you have -15 health which might be very critical at times, I don't recommend it, you can get rebel status more easily by hitting baiters and forcebaiting and getting pardoned.

WRAP ASSASSIN

The Wrap Assassin is very good is some situations, if you have some enemies who know you have it and know how to maneuver around the ball it's practically useless, with getting your double jump its the same as the sandman. But when you have a team of blus that send a guard after you and you don't think you can melee them with stock this is a very good choice to throw at them while they chase you, it deals a bunch of damage and you can easily kill a sniper / engineer / scout after you with a few throws of the ball. I recommend it.

THE ATOMIZER

I personally have never used this melee, but I heard the triple jump comes really handy, but it has a downside of less damage and you equip it slower which isnt really a problem here. The less damage isn't that noticable with only -15%, the triple jump will help a lot but watch out for people chasing you even with the low damage decrease.

BOSTON BASHER

This melee pick for scout is all about the skill of your melee abilities, before using this effectively with rebelling you need to do pokemon after pokemon day to practice actually hitting your melees correctly, if you miss you leave yourself with a small chunk of health.

And that's all for the- wait what? There's another melee good for rebelling? What is i-

THE FAN O WAR

You might be asking yourself if I am stupid for saying this, but the Fan O War is good for rebelling, at least not solo rebelling, you cant rebel on your own, get ammo and all that with this thing if someone chases you, this weapon is ALL about rebelling with your fellow inmates, all you have to do is hit the warden or any high health guard like soldiers, demos and heavys with this thing and your teammates (preferably demoknights) rush the guard you marked for death, this weapon is all about creating a mass rebellion and working with your team.

This is the end of my Scout rebelling guide, sorry if it was too long but I hope you learned something, I'm doing Pyro next because I will be covering Heavy and Soldier last.
Post automatically merged:

Feel free to share tips you gathered while rebelling as scout in the comments.

Last edited:

PROFIT

Chronic Bag Chaser
Admin ★
★ Donor ★
Jan 16, 2020
My favorite loadout on scout when rebelling is the force of nature, winger, and wrap assassin. With the FoN, if you land your shots you can 2-3 hit heavies for a kill, and you get the extra mobility with the triple jump. For the winger, I like it’s utility value to jump higher and the damage increase. Lastly, the wrap assassin is a great choice, when you throw the ball I dont use it for killing, I like it for the mind games. If a blue is bleeding out, sometimes they can panic and either fall back, or they will commit with low health and you can just kite them and try to land another hit.

Xene

Popular Member
Oct 31, 2019
My favorite loadout on scout when rebelling is the force of nature, winger, and wrap assassin. With the FoN, if you land your shots you can 2-3 hit heavies for a kill, and you get the extra mobility with the triple jump. For the winger, I like it’s utility value to jump higher and the damage increase. Lastly, the wrap assassin is a great choice, when you throw the ball I dont use it for killing, I like it for the mind games. If a blue is bleeding out, sometimes they can panic and either fall back, or they will commit with low health and you can just kite them and try to land another hit.
Thanks for sharing, as I said in the after recieving ammo tip, you require skill to kill the blus after getting your ammo, so if you really wanna use the FoN and you can use it, it is really good.

Last edited:

Horny Friend

Jun 21, 2020
wednesday
What about the winger?, its usually my go-to secondary its really helpful with the greater jump height it give's you however its not the best for chipping health off far away enemies, i just use it for the extra jump height since i just cant aim

also, i'd recommend using the pistol or the PBPP With the back scatter Since the back scatter isn't great against enemies that aren't close enough to deal maximum damage

Last edited:

Xene

Popular Member
Oct 31, 2019
What about the winger?, its usually my go-to secondary its really helpful with the greater jump height it give's you however its not the best for chipping health off far away enemies, i just use it for the extra jump height since i just cant aim

also, i'd recommend using the pistol or the PBPP With the back scatter Since the back scatter isn't great against enemies that aren't close enough to deal maximum damage
It's all about your situation, it's helpful in sometimes but in overall situation the stock and PBPP come in really handy.

Horny Friend

Jun 21, 2020
wednesday
It's all about your situation, it's helpful in sometimes but in overall situation the stock and PBPP come in really handy.
yes, but what if the player using it cant aim? both Pistol and the PBPP require Precise Aim to Chip at the enemy, with the PBPP if you cant aim with it then whats the point of using it? you have to be Right up in the enemy's face to Get back health and even then your better off just Using your Primary to kill the enemy and then just going to the armory or medic to get healed, Instead they could use the winger For the extra mobility for Dodging enemy fire and getting up Places easier, just because its is good for one player doesn't mean its good for all Players, its never that simple

Last edited:

Xene

Popular Member
Oct 31, 2019
yes, but what if the player using it cant aim? both Pistol and the PBPP require Precise Aim to Chip at the enemy, with the PBPP if you cant aim with it then whats the point of using it? you have to be Right up in the enemy's face to Get back health and even then your better off just Using your Primary to kill the enemy and then just going to the armory or medic to get healed, Instead they could use the winger For the extra mobility for Dodging enemy fire and getting up Places easier, just because its is good for one player doesn't mean its good for all Players, its never that simple
As I said, situations, ability to aim is one of those situations.

SiNine9

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 26, 2020
Personally I think Sandman is one of the best rebelling options. Slow is invaluable and as you mentioned you can get double jump easily. Minus 15 health isn't really that crazy in most situations honestly.