• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Accepted Have fixed weapon spread across all servers.

Enable fixed weapon spread for all servers?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stao

Bully
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Nov 20, 2018
Minnesota
Weapon Spread

Pellet spread with tf_use_fixedweaponspreads 1.
Fixed weapon spread is enabled.

This means that pellet-style weapons (Shotgun, Scattergun, Force A Nature, Shortstop) fire pellets in a defined pattern. The pattern is composed of 9 hitscan paths spaced like a 3x3 grid, with one extra pellet going down the center (or, for the Force-A-Nature, two extra going down the center and one extra going down the middle-right path).

TF2 Wiki^

Essentially, make aiming easier for servers.

Reactions: Redds

MissMaye

The Overseer
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 16, 2017
I'm all for this idea, casual doesn't have it. You know what casual has? Botters :) We need botters?
Also I don't think people are coming to the community tab for the casual experience with places like jailbreak, z.e, dodgeball. Maybe basicass turbine/2fort but that's a minority number of servers on our network running it.
consistency

+1

Reactions: Coal and Stao

Coal

B r u h M o m e n t
★ Donor ★
Aug 23, 2019
the Snowy Winterlands
It's like removing recoil/spread in csgo. Imo, this would f up your sense of what dmg you do at a certian range.
If it really f's up your sense of what dmg u do at certain ranges (which it shouldn't) that's somewhat of a you problem. It's just getting rid of the rng in the spread, I don't see how that would negatively affect gameplay.

Jasmine

The Almighty Raisin
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 5, 2019
Ireland
Consistency when using any shotgun would be nice.
It's in competitive to remove the randomness of the game, I find it quite annoying how random shotgun spread is.
It's like random crits but in reverse, the unpredictability in it can knock off a few numbers in damage which can make you lose fights.
+1

Liquidation

Still in college
★ Donor ★
Jul 19, 2017
N/A
I think its a valid thing too add, if i recall it was briefly talked about in the past, but I dont see as it necassary across all servers, my key example is in jailbreak, if a player random crits (Which is already lethal enough), if its with 100% accuracy, a skilled player can easily take advantage of this, and thats where I see it not needed in these types of servers as it takes away from the more Fun element of the server, as most people who play jailbreak (Myself included), don't play competitve and barely touch casual.

This may come across biased, but dont get me wrong, on servers such as trade_plaza2 it seems justified or any of the other objective based gamemodes.
My final opinion and conclusion on the matter is that it should be applied too the more competitive/base game modes, like secure areas and such forth, unlike in jailbreak, I think it will just be manipulated too kill warden easily or blues, it makes the gaurds lives more difficult, but that is my opinion.

Still gonna give it a +1 As i think it is required in a large amount of servers.

Liquidation

Still in college
★ Donor ★
Jul 19, 2017
N/A
Most of what I want to say has already been said but

The addition of fixed bullet spread would help both blues and reds, and I don't really see it helping reds in a huge way. The only good rebelling class that would benefit from fixed bullet spread is scout. But when you look at the blue side it helps not only scout but soldier, pyro, and engineer as well. The fixed bullet spread would even give some consistency in hitting reds that are stacked in one another, instead of having to ignore them and wait in fear of freehitting other reds.

+1 I don't see anything that random bullet spread would benefit.
My regards too the unbalanced aspect of this in jailbreak, is more the fact that is an arcade based gamemode, and I think that a single blue being punished because a scout rushes him because his gaurds arent paying attention makes it quite difficult for new players. Don't get me wrong I understand your point, but too have this kind of mechnanic, you need an equally as skilled or aware team too be able too prevent these kinds of scenarios, and personally I feel that in an arcade based gamemode like jailbreak you don't go into it with a competative mindset.

Other than that i am completely on board ^w^

Status
Not open for further replies.