help me

Ray

Head Weenie
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 16, 2017
Canada
I downloaded battlefield 1942 and when I exited it my screen had black borders that were accustomed for the game but didn't go away after exiting. I have tried to reset my laptop and change the resolution. Any solutions?

Floot

★ Donor ★
Dec 9, 2017
under a rock, on a tropical island
1-Open task manager and close everything related to the game.
2-Set your screen resolution to "High" or "Recommended". Exit and manually re-start.
3-Run another game that does not alter you screen settings. It sometimes fixes it. Just change the setting once and exit the game.
4-Don't play your game in full screen. Play it in 'Window' mode if possible.
5-Run the game 'As Administrator'
6-Try checking it on google. Make sure that you include 'solved' at the end of your search content for better results, if you do not find any. You can include the make and model of your laptop/graphics card.(Intel/hp...) you can check it by typing 'dxdiag' in the start search. (Type it as it is here) and go to the 'Display' tab.

Ray

Head Weenie
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 16, 2017
Canada
1-Open task manager and close everything related to the game.
2-Set your screen resolution to "High" or "Recommended". Exit and manually re-start.
3-Run another game that does not alter you screen settings. It sometimes fixes it. Just change the setting once and exit the game.
4-Don't play your game in full screen. Play it in 'Window' mode if possible.
5-Run the game 'As Administrator'
6-Try checking it on google. Make sure that you include 'solved' at the end of your search content for better results, if you do not find any. You can include the make and model of your laptop/graphics card.(Intel/hp...) you can check it by typing 'dxdiag' in the start search. (Type it as it is here) and go to the 'Display' tab.
Thanks for the suggestions, the five didn't work but looking online it said to do control + alt + F11 which worked but fucks up the resolution easy change back to the original so I guess I have to keep doing that every time I play the game which sucks