Resolved How do Admin/Mod applications work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerg

Dec 9, 2019
I Remember there was a point in time where the server would advertise that applications are open while I was playing in many of the jailbreak servers. So I came here asking what are the requirements that apply when it comes to joining the team.

— Zerg

Remiss

Mr Society
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
U.S
Oh boy do I love seeing posts about applications 'n' such.

Looking at it in a way of, "Alright so I need to work on ----" Is a pretty okay and good mentality, but at the same time if that's all you're focused on, then that's, essentially what's going to happen. Usually people that have a good mindset of, "If I think like one, I can become one" can most likely reach the position they desire, it's still important for you to look back and check on yourself.

A similar points to the given above, it's helps to take your time when making an application. Even if you meet requirements, it helps to take the time to assess the situation you're in, maybe take into consideration what kind of punishments you may have had, and also assess, "Am I well into this community to be accepted?" Let's break this down.

Let's start, before the application is even considered to be made. Do you know any of the staff at all? This is actually quite important. The more staff you know, the more you can observe. The more you can observe, the better and more easily you can understand what it is to have such a title on the community. Being friends/known to staff also, quite literally, "inserts your dominance" in the community, since you view yourself as someone who can equally enjoy fun with the, "High All-Mighty Staff" and also just normally enjoy your time on the community. Although it does also help to know staff, it helps to know the rest of the community. Good word of someone can go a really long way.

Another thing that can be taken into consideration, something that seems more important than someone thinks, is, experience. You're required to give a reply about your experience as staff. Although there have been people who have had no experience get accepted, it goes a long way to have experience. Experience isn't just a, "Oh yeah, I did this" kinda thing. It shows your maturity, and that you're able to work on the position given to your properly, since you have done something similar. Even if it's as something as "dumb and questionable" as owning a discord server, or being a leading figure with control with, almost anything. As long as you show a scale of how mature you can control power and be staff, then that'll help how the staff view your application.

Along with this semi-essay, it really doesn't hurt to make an application as long as you can. This goes for about, anything you're trying to shoot for in life. The more information you have, the better. Sometimes it's okay to have a short response to some questions, like your availability in time, since that's requires a simple answer. But for something like experience, or why you should get accepted, it helps for you to give as much good and sufficient information as you can.

A lot of people that also try to shoot for the staff team, also seem to lack in forum activity. Even if it says the minimum post requirement is x/n amount, you should probably get double, or even triple that amount. Never hurts to show your forum activity, even if you hate using forums.If you grow to use forums/discord, then that also shows you can be an active member of the staff team, which is always a good thing. (It also means you can help people a lot more, since that's what you're accepting that you're going to do, if you're going to join the staff team.)

My final thing I'm going to touch on, is punishments. I have no clue what you're punishments are within my moment of time in typing this, but punishments shouldn't be an excuse to be scared. It should be an excuse for some sort of redemption. If you were punished in some sort of way, but you show redemption in your chat-logs, or good rumor of you among staff/community members, then that just shows how well of a person you are/how well of a person you can be. Ever application always has good room for a redemption story. If your first application gets denied too, that's also more room for redemption. Most likely, even if you get a, "No," you're going to be given reasons on why, and some things you've been doing wrong. That gives you a chance to work on what you need to.

Hope this reply helps you/anyone else reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.