How long do you think this coronavirus Would last for?

laptivv

sanity
★ Donor ★
Jan 1, 2020
England
1) give me how long it will last for.
2)I don’t mind you putting next to your number minutes years those work.
3)put gifs or videos how ever you like idc about those.
Post automatically merged:

2 years

40F2FDE3 2E70 4862 B2F5 62A3F3A29534

Last edited:

Remiss

Mr Society
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
U.S
I would wanna say within the next few months, if everyone and everywhere can handle the situation correctly. If not, then I expect it to last at least more than the average person. This pandemic had spread really far really fast within a short amount of time, and the given time, it took a while for a lot of us to get settled in, or to even begin thinking about what to do other than to "wash your hands and stay healthy" (U,S) and then there's some places that went into immediate quarantine and shutdown.
For something as unknown as Covid-19 to pop up, I'd want to believe less, and lower my expectations, so that's my reasoning on it.

sowon

Valorant
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 12, 2019
united kingdom
Well, we can look at COVID-19 two ways, A) the virus itself, and B) the economic impact.

For the virus itself, we're likely looking at at least six months until the virus becomes controllable e.g the NHS in the UK is no longer crowded, no more lockdown, we are free to go outside without the assistance of surgical masks etc. and while I am usually an optimistic person, I don't think we're going to be so lucky in terms of the virus being controllable, it will likely take us until next March.

The economic impact is another story, with how much the economy has already been hammered down due to the World Health Organisation and our local Governments and constituencies enforcing lockdown on us. I work in fast fashion so it's all physical labour, I fear that, at least where I live in the UK, most of us will lose our jobs in fear that the companies that we are employed for fear the worst in order to sustain profits during this time. It will become a major economic depression if it hasn't become one already.
I am lucky as my work is trying their damnest to support their employees, so I pray that I still have my workplace employment by the end of this economic crisis. I'm not so optimistic about the economy either, and I think I'd put my finger on next August to be the earliest we are all able to become a functioning society again with capitalism working its magic.
Unfortunately most people might need to job-hunt when all this is over.

Reactions: Gibus

KrAzy

WHO TOOK MY BAGELS!?!!
★ Donor ★
Feb 24, 2020
3 years by a long shot for reasons stated by sowon and a few more because the world is behind on a vaccine and there is no cure for this yet and since chinas been suppressing this virus for so long that we are behind in making some effort to stop it

Buns

-
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jan 5, 2020
From research, people have been saying that the coronavirus should last until this fall. Personally, though, I think it is going to last a long longer. This virus is only going to get worse for my country, which is not good at all, and I need to go outside soooo

MissMaye

The Overseer
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 16, 2017
the common cold is permanent and diseases remain in your system as your body stores a way to combat it happening again in future, with that being said this one wont go away but the longer it goes on for the less potent it will be against people

tl;dr forever

Joe's Mama

Honorary Member ★
May 25, 2020
I think the virus will probably stick around until the blistering heat of summer arrives. After that, I think it will slowly cease until either it is no longer a worry to people or medication is made.