TF2 How skilled are you all?

Jasmine

The Almighty Raisin
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 5, 2019
Ireland
This is just out of pure curiosity.
How skilled/close to the skill ceiling do you think you are at your main?

For e.g: I've mained sniper for a few years, have over 800 hours in him and I'd say I'm at least half decent.
I commonly say "You know, if I wasn't bad I'd be good, consider that a threat" to some of my more skilled sniper main friends.

I'd love to hear how long everyone's been playing their main and how skilled they are in them. :)

Davey

Dallas
★ Donor ★
Mar 18, 2019
Hungary
I'm a Demoman main, and I have 2.9k hours. I participated in 3 tournaments, 2 of them I played as Demo. I regularly practice in MGE servers, and record, later rewatch my demos after every pug (pick-up game) on PugChamp or TF2Center. If I had to rate my performance and overall skill with my main class, I'd be a mid-high tier Demoman player. But hey, I played against team Se7en once, so maybe I'm actually in the invite tier. jk ;)

P.S. We lost that match btw

sowon

Valorant
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 12, 2019
united kingdom
I'm nowhere near good at all! I don't primarily have a main class, but the closest would be Scout. I'm 900 hours in but that's no indication of my skill level. :katnyahoho:

I like to think I have generally good aiming due to my time playing Overwatch and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, but I'm abysmal at movement and gamesense within Team Fortress 2.

Redds

Brainrot
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 8, 2019
Pacifica
Hmmm. Well im a sniper main playing for a while im around moderately skilled to the point ive been kicked for "hacking". However to say I'm like that all the time well no. Most of the time I can't hit a heavy standing still.

Toxic

Forum Activist
Oct 9, 2019
Nebraska, US
For some reason no matter what game I play, I always can’t decide what character to main. The character I have to most hours with is scout but I prefer to use spy or engi. I’d say I’m an ok spy and a low to mid tier engi becuase I don’t put much time into playing normal game modes. Most of my time in tf2 is spent playing jailbreak.

Red

Maniac
Nov 4, 2018
Hellas
I have like 2.6K hours. Offense Class Main (Scout, Soldier, Pyro)
yet my skill is so inconsistent.

Sometimes, as Pyro, I'll be pulling out crazy airblast jumps, and "flair" shots.
other times I can't airblast a single projectile, nor hit a flare.
Sometimes, as Scout, I'll be hitting a million meatshots, and I'll be terrorizing the enemy team.
other times I can't aim for shit.
Sometimes, as Soldier, I'll be hitting air-shots with my stock launcher, and I'll be able to pull out insane rocket jumps.
other times I miss every rocket, and I fail to do them rollouts man.

dimmy

Popular Member
Jan 24, 2020
I've play my fair share of FaceIT (rip), TF2Center, ESEA, UGC, and more, I have 4000+ hours and nearly all of them is into scout (tho I reset my stats like a dummy, I only know this because I don't play any other class) I have a few genuine tournament medals, but none of them are really that cool.

TK

Jailbreak Noob
★ Donor ★
Nov 20, 2019
England
So I am a sniper main, back in 2012/13 I was a boss. Would rarely miss a shot. After taking about 6/7 years out in struggling to get back my aim. I'll get there eventually so watch this space