Resolved How to avoid making the same mistake again

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

StormRaiser245

Hello there.

So recently and fortunately: I was unbanned and my appeal was accepted, but now: There is now something that really worries me and I need some advice.

I was banned in a first place by being on a group that without my knowledge: Was involved into hacking activity. I swear that I did nothing during my time on this group. I was just simply invited into the group and I was never told anything else.

So I am asking: How can I avoid making the same mistake again? Like: How can I recongnize if some group is suspicious or has had some inolvement to any malicious activity?

If there is some list about groups that will make you banned by being part of them in here somewhere at wonderland.tf, please: Could you link or inform me about it?

StarOfSouls

Wired
★ Donor ★
Aug 5, 2018
Before joining a group, know the purpose of that group. Know if that group is mainly about and dedicated to that purpose. Don't join groups without doing some investigating. Check once in a while if a group is becoming suspicious. Don't join shady looking groups. Hacker groups aren't usually popular, so the number of people in it can also help. That's all I know of. There really isn't a specific thing to look for. Just look out.

Reactions: StormRaiser245
S

StormRaiser245

Before joining a group, know the purpose of that group. Know if that group is mainly about and dedicated to that purpose. Don't join groups without doing some investigating. Check once in a while if a group is becoming suspicious. Don't join shady looking groups. Hacker groups aren't usually popular, so the number of people in it can also help. That's all I know of. There really isn't a specific thing to look for. Just look out.

I see. Thank you for your response. But the group that got me banned was called: ITeachYouStuff and it really does not seem at all like a hacking group, just some random MLP-FiM or more specifically: Twilight Sparkle themed group with random stuff and nothing serious and even further because of the fact that user that invited me into this group was also its admin and well... I never suspected anything about this user but I suppose that in the end: I was wrong.

Although: It has less than 600 users so perhaps that is one fact I missed but for that I am uncetain because some groups that doesn't hack at all or do anything such activity could have alo maybe even leas users in it. I jut feel like I can never be certain...

floot_guy

floot_guy
★ Donor ★
Dec 9, 2017
floot_guy
Firstly, don't join and group from friends' invitation. Make sure that the group is trustworthy and is not into a cheating or scamming business.
Secondly, check who the group owner and mods are. Good ones (except for only one that we all know) will have high level steam accounts or no VAC bans.
Thirdly, get to know who can be identified as cheating/scamming groups.
Twilight♡Sparkle or [VALVE] clan members are the most popular ones, so beware.

Also, you can also see/check the GroupID in the URL, like this one:
tumblr_pjjk4638Ub1xrq97no1_1280.jpg

Join this group = Insta-ban from wln.tf. This cheating associated group is owned by the same people I mentioned in the ...woops... above.

S

StormRaiser245

Firstly, don't join and group from friends' invitation. Make sure that the group is trustworthy and is not into a cheating or scamming business.
Secondly, check who the group owner and mods are. Good ones (except for only one that we all know) will have high level steam accounts or no VAC bans.
Thirdly, get to know who can be identified as cheating/scamming groups.
Twilight♡Sparkle or [VALVE] clan members are the most popular ones, so beware.

Also, you can also see/check the GroupID in the URL, like this one:
tumblr_pjjk4638Ub1xrq97no1_1280.jpg

Join this group = Insta-ban from wln.tf. This cheating associated group is owned by the same people I mentioned in the ...woops... above.

Oh I see... Well then: I can say that I truly did not knew this user is actually untrustworthy. I was not awar that thi user or this group is malicious.

The group seemed to me like some just a normal random-MLP themed group.

floot_guy

floot_guy
★ Donor ★
Dec 9, 2017
floot_guy
Yeah that not being a pony thing I know to be true. But th fact this user is a peogrammer of LMAObox? That I never knew about.

Yes, this is why he/she is popular, not only on WonderLand, but on other communities too.

Most cheaters I've encountered had the [VALVE] tag in their name or featured that purple pony (Twilight Sparkle) on their profile DP.
So, purple pony + [VALVE] = not trustworthy. Everytime I see someone join with the name "Twilight (Sparkle)'', ''Twily'' , or "Sparkly'', i perform a research on them. And most of them turned out to be cheaters.

It's not like that we hate that person, but wln administrators try their best to protect the community and us from people like Sparkle or other cheaters. This is why they ban members from that group or clan.

an example:

Tpq1h

S

StormRaiser245

Yes, this is why he/she is popular, not only on WonderLand, but on other communities too.

Most cheaters I've encountered had the [VALVE] tag in their name or featured that purple pony (Twilight Sparkle) on their profile DP.
So, purple pony + [VALVE] = not trustworthy. Everytime I see someone join with the name "Twilight (Sparkle)'', ''Twily'' , or "Sparkly'', i perform a research on them. And most of them turned out to be cheaters.

It's not like that we hate that person, but wln administrators try their best to protect the community and us from people like Sparkle or other cheaters. This is why they ban members from that group or clan.

an example:

View attachment 1939

Alright, thank you or informing me. I'll do my best to stay out from such users and groups... And I truly hope that I will not end up joining in some similar group again because I don't want to get banned again because of my lacking knowlege about the group or some user.

Prxme

Post Post Post
Jan 4, 2018
The United Kingdom
Don't join groups with members who have suspicious profile's. Such as members impersonating to be someone and they will ask for free items and people will give it. Also check how many people are in the group and the comments if anyone is being suspicious. Me personally i only join groups who servers i like or have a legit forums where legit people post and not fake accounts and bots. Next time keep a close eye on who you joining.

Status
Not open for further replies.