How to View Your Bans/Mutes Using SourceBans

sowon

Valorant
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 12, 2019
united kingdom
I find that a lot of people tend to think that in this community, once you're banned, you're banned for life. 9/10 that's not the case, and you can find out thanks to our tool, SourceBans, a web database of all bans and mutes.

I've known a handful of people who I have banned and have requested for an unban, until explaining to them that their bans were not permanent, and typically only lasted anywhere from one hour to a week for any given ban I have enforced.

This guide will take you through SourceBans so that you can effectively anf efficiently find your own ban/mute there, and find out the length of which you were banned, as well as seeing any of your previous infractions, if you have any.

Step 1:
First, hop over to SourceBans.
  • Highlighted in Blue is the 'Bans' portion of the site, which will show any bans that players have received.
  • Alternatively, the 'Comms' to the right of the Bans button will show any mutes (aka comms blocks) players have received).

Step 2:
You'll notice a 'Search Bans...' and 'Search Comms...' input boxes in the top-right, this is the box where you input your Steam ID to search up your bans.

Your Steam ID comes in this format, where the zeroes are your unique Steam ID - STEAM_0:0:00000000
  • You can use websites like SteamRep to convert your Steam community profile link into a Steam ID

Step 3:
Once you've searched up your Steam ID, and provided you are/have been banned, the website will bring up results on your last offense.

Some explanation on what each header means:
  • Mod/Country - This means you were either banned through game (the TF2 icon) or web-banned (the SourceBans icon) followed by the country you were banned in
  • Date - The date and time your ban was invoked on
    • Date format is YYYY/MM/DD
    • Time format is in military time (24H)
    • Timezone is GMT +1

Step 4:
Clicking into the selected ban, you are able to get into the details of what reason you banned, what server, the expiration date of your ban, essentially the meat & potatoes of your ban.

Some explanation on what specific detail title means:
  • Player - The Steam profile name at the time of ban/mute
  • Steam ID - The Steam ID of the player who received the ban/mute
  • Invoked on - The date which the ban/mutewas enforced (this also shows on the main 'Date' header and is adjusted to GMT +1
  • Ban length - The length of the ban/mute
  • Expires on - The date which the ban/mute will expire and is adjusted to GMT +1
  • Reason - The reason the admin banned/muted you
  • Banned fron - The server where the ban was enforced
  • Total Bans - Statistic of any previous infractions the Steam ID has had invoked