I got scammed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bung

Forum Activist
Jul 15, 2018
I just got scammed out of my taunts, my unusual, my stranges, and my cosmetics. The person who scammed me is ❆Vlaze Skylax☯ and please go and report them for scamming. He said I got reported which did happen but it was by another scammer who tried to scam me. He said he needed to verify my items in 12 hours or I would get a perma ban. He look legit. Stupid me sent my items to him. Please watch out for this scammer and please report him.

Oreos

:I
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jan 8, 2019
Italia!
The chances of the guy to actually get punished are VERY low. I'm sorry for your loss but I must say that that type of scamming is fairly common. In order to avoid this bad experience of yours from happening again I recommend: never login via steam on web sites you don't know as they might try to get your steam account credentials, don't accept friend requests from people with private inventories, remember that steam moderators and admins don't add people, remember that photoshop is a thing and people can edit images and to never trade while tired, angry or drunk.

Remiss

Mr Society
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
U.S
The only people who “need to look at your items” are valve employees with LEGIT valve tags in their name, and they can just do it themselves without needing to add you.

Needing to add/trade someone for verifications is total bogus.

Prxme

Post Post Post
Jan 4, 2018
The United Kingdom
I’m sorry for your items but gaming companies don’t give a shit who we are none of us are special mate we’re just like the other million people who reported someone. They don’t care tbh and chances of action to be taken is low. Why would they care about one guy who scammed someone else they don’t care. And that’s the truth bro reporting systems in games are just bs people report people all the time but you won’t get banned cause they prolly getting millions of reports a day they don’t have time for everyone’s so they check like 1 20 wheel scrolls. Only way his getting banned is if you write to steam support with a lot of evidence to back up your points they should be able to give back ur items. But it didn’t work for me I got scammed same technique on csgo thoe this scam steam admin verification was new and knowone was informed about it so the guy said lemme verify your hyper beast and aqa revenge so then we will be able to trade. But I guess since it’s tf2 u might have a chance.

lithium1111

Sep 28, 2019
My question is why would you send items to someone for “verification” in the first place, whilst making a steam account if you actually read the tos and regulations and guidelines it specially says no steam employee will ask to borrow your items and or ask for your passwords. Also if he said you would be banned within 12 hours you could make a steam discussion or a steam support ticket and they normally respond within 1-2 hours from my experience.
Post automatically merged:

Oops shouldn’t have even responded I thought that the post said august in the month it was posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.