I have questions

Should admins under 16 years old be removed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vindixin

Feb 25, 2021
Lets make a community decision. I do not think the admins under the age of 16 years old are mature enough to hold a high position as this, they are given too much power. I don't think they can handle the responsibility of holding a position like this.

Walnuts

ʜᴇᴀᴅ ɴᴜᴛᴄʀᴀᴄᴋᴇʀ ★ɪᴍᴘᴏʀᴛᴀɴᴛ ɴᴜᴛ★
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Aug 4, 2018
Seeing new, mature, staff members under the age is not common. I can say from experience that I was not ready to become a staff member at the age that I was, although you have to start somewhere.
Despite this, many great staff members have joined before they reached the age of 16. Due to this having the age requirement were it is shouldn't be a major concern.

Smug Rebellion

Master Rebeller
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Apr 7, 2020
Inside the Cells of Jailbreak
Alright so before I go on a bit of a rant about this kind of topic I would like to first start off by debunking most of what you said here.
Lets make a community decision. I do not think the admins under the age of 16 years old are mature enough to hold a high position
So if you were gonna make a community decision you would've probably used pronouns such as we, us, or everyone, and just maybe as the community so this statement is a bit misleading. Now I am not saying that you aren't entitled to your own opinions at all. I believe that everyone has a say in the matter but, it would've been best to use better pronouns to describe the community as a whole. But, it could be me just nit-picking but, whatever on to the other parts.
I do not think the admins under the age of 16 years old are mature enough to hold a high position as this, they are given too much power.
I can see your POV from this statement as most people believe that people near the age of say 13-14 can tend to be more immature than people who would be 16 or above. But, this is where we as a staff team make some decisions and do some digging about the people who are applying for the staff team. We have to consider a lot of things that it would be hard to not overlook maturity because it plays a major role in deciding if someone is fit for staff. Now there is also a thing where people who apply to be an admin don't get access to admin right away and instead get moderator which is more or less their first stage of staff team until they are promoted to admin. So I do not think that giving people the power of Admin when they deserve it is "too much power."
I don't think they can handle the responsibility of holding a position like this.
This part can be referred back to the applying part of getting into the staff position. If they can't handle the power shown from applying or spending their time as staff then maybe they shouldn't be a staff member at that time.

Also, I highly doubt that you suggested this because you felt like this, and considering that you tried to reply to an appeal that you shouldn't have yesterday I want to ask you a question. Was the staff member that banned the person that I am handling their appeal for made you want to suggest this idea?

Also as a side note me and the other staff member in question are 15 years old so I believe that we can make pretty big boy decisions.

Reactions: Floot