If This Gets Removed I Dont Care Im Gonna Make My Point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Maxxy

Perfect Member
★ Donor ★
May 10, 2018
So you still fail to see how this irritates people and wont do anything about it ok. i expected this
first of all I have never said that, I said why its in place. you made a random thread complaining about staff after being banned instead of actually making a proper suggestion thread. Why do you expect people to take you seriously when you start off bashing all staff?

It actually seems like you are not taking into consideration that a lot of players DO want spawncamping to be allowed on regular maps, and regular maps are there for combat, you are meant to fight. therefore removing a way for teams to fight seems very silly. Work with your team and you'll get out.

First, I'd just like to clarify something I said, because I don't think I conveyed it properly:

When I said you were strawmanning, I mean you were making up a baseless caricature of the staff team. May have used the term improperly.

No, we're not going to make a global rule against spawncamping. Many maps are structured very differently. Some, especially Achivement/Idle maps, are structured to encourage spawncamping and many use it for spawncamping to farm kills or whatever. It would be extremely counterproductive, therefore, to enforce against spawncamping there.

Regarding stock maps specifically, well they are apart of normal TF2 gameplay. Spawncamping is annoying, but so are dominations, well-placed Mini-Sentries, a lot of things. We are not going to disallow something just because it commonly annoys players, else we would be disallowing a lot of integral things to TF2 such as players being F2P or squeakers.

Furthermore, there are many ways that, especially on 2Fort, you can counter spawncamping. If your team is getting spawncamped, it's honestly your guy's fault for allowing them to get that far into your base and spawncamp you in the first place.

Team Fortress 2 is, as the name implies, and team-based shooter. You have to cooperate with others to succeed. If your team is not coordinating well and the enemy team is, well then there's not much I can tell you. We're not going to make the rules act as a crutch for poor performance.

So i have to suffer because you deem it acceptable you dont allow spawn camping on specific maps but these other ones are free game. Ok because every time you give me this answer it is like you are giving me the middle finger and gleefully shoving it in my face. Dominations i understand to be allowed to be a thing and you yourself bring up a strawman by saying well dominations are a thing so we should allow that too . No dominations are something that is embedded in tf2 as a game mechanic and were intentional arent and shouldnt be compared to spawncamping in any way. One is an actual game mechanic the other is just a way for one team to harass the other.
Post automatically merged:

first of all I have never said that, I said why its in place. you made a random thread complaining about staff after being banned instead of actually making a proper suggestion thread. Why do you expect people to take you seriously when you start off bashing all staff?

It actually seems like you are not taking into consideration that a lot of players DO want spawncamping to be allowed on regular maps, and regular maps are there for combat, you are meant to fight. therefore removing a way for teams to fight seems very silly. Work with your team and you'll get out.
Those lots of players are the toxic morons who want to dominate the servers piss people off and be assholes. Youre talking to a user who truly uses these servers as intended and tries to not be toxic. Those people who claim to want spawncamping to be a thing are toxic people who have taken over these damn servers and youre too blind to see it.

Aldash

Forum Extremist
Aug 12, 2017
Scotland
No dominations are something that is embedded in tf2 as a game mechanic and were intentional arent and shouldnt be compared to spawncamping in any way.

The spawn killing incident happened on the map 2-Fort. This is an actual game map, nothing custom about this.

The 2-Fort spawn room being able to be camped was here at the start of TF2 so your argument about being spawn camped here is quite contradictory going off of your intended game mechanic argument.

Captain Maxxy

Perfect Member
★ Donor ★
May 10, 2018
So i have to suffer because you deem it acceptable you dont allow spawn camping on specific maps but these other ones are free game. Ok because every time you give me this answer it is like you are giving me the middle finger and gleefully shoving it in my face. Dominations i understand to be allowed to be a thing and you yourself bring up a strawman by saying well dominations are a thing so we should allow that too . No dominations are something that is embedded in tf2 as a game mechanic and were intentional arent and shouldnt be compared to spawncamping in any way. One is an actual game mechanic the other is just a way for one team to harass the other.
Post automatically merged:

Those lots of players are the toxic morons who want to dominate the servers piss people off and be assholes. Youre talking to a user who truly uses these servers as intended and tries to not be toxic. Those people who claim to want spawncamping to be a thing are toxic people who have taken over these damn servers and youre too blind to see it.
ah yes everyone who disagrees are toxic mindless idiots and we just can't see it.
thats not how it works friend, I know plenty of non-toxic people who don't mind this rule at all and it was discussed among plenty of people wether it should be allowed or not, and if there is so many who don't like it why don't we see the suggestions flooded with people who want this to be changed?

Reactions: Hypernova
Im
The spawn killing incident happened on the map 2-Fort. This is an actual game map, nothing custom about this.

The 2-Fort spawn room being able to be camped was here at the start of TF2 so your argument about being spawn camped here is quite contradictory going off of your intended game mechanic argument.
Thats what it should be considered an unfortunate side affect of spawn placement not something that should be considered acceptable in any way shape or form hell valve has outright banned spawncamping in comp on all maps because it is such a widespread problem and lo and behold what did valve say? They never intended to have teams exploit these areas or trap other teams in them as much as they had and are still doing.

Aldash

Forum Extremist
Aug 12, 2017
Scotland
valve has outright banned spawncamping in comp on all maps because it is such a widespread problem and lo and behold what did valve say

Can you source this statement for me please.

I already know that UGC has banned spawn camping but UGC is competitive TF2 with it's own rulesets. While the wonderland.tf 2 Fort is not competitive at all.

I do agree that spawncamping is bad-sportsmanship but as it is not competitive I feel that it does not really matter due to the light heartedness of the gamemode.

Can you source this statement for me please.

I already know that UGC has banned spawn camping but UGC is competitive TF2 with it's own rulesets. While the wonderland.tf 2 Fort is not competitive at all.

I do agree that spawncamping is bad-sportsmanship but as it is not competitive I feel that it does not really matter due to the light heartedness of the gamemode.
At least you get my point but honestly i dont know how to deal with this stuff myself so ill shut up and continue to as the powers that be demand me to suffer this continually when i just want to enjoy my favorite tf2 server and community.

I give up.

Smug Rebellion

Master Rebeller
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Apr 7, 2020
Inside the Cells of Jailbreak
I am sorry that you feel this way about the staff but, I am going to say one thing. You do know that staff have lives outside of the game right? I do not want to create controversy and ruin your day but, you can’t expect staff to be the problem. Them pointing towards the rule book is something they have to do. They can’t tell you something that isn’t in the rule book because then why are they here in the first place. There are also people that are applying for staff and you should realize that we can get more and more staff members to help out with this situation once they are accepted and fit the role for it. But, for you to outright blame staff about everything that is happening in the servers. Don’t pls. They are already so backed up with stuff on the forums and in the servers they are already on to moderate and for you to blame them for not helping out is pathetic. If you have a problem with staff you can go directly to Xypher to report any staff abuse or problems you have. Sorry that you encounter people who are toxic and rule breaking but, you can submit reports to the forums with some examples from The Orange Birb that we’re great examples. The only way to help out the servers is for everyone in the community to cooperate.
Alright I am done rambling. You can respond to this post if you want because that is your choice to do so or not. I don’t bite if you have a problem with what I said but, I just needed to say that.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 8006

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
While I would respond to your last post, I honestly don't see this going anywhere, especially with you resorting to personal remarks such as calling others "blind" and now saying you give up. If someone said a personal remark like that to you in this thread, then I must've missed it, but either way you should not be resorting to personal remarks with your arguments.

Also, if you really wish for spawncamping to be completely disallowed, feel free to make a post in the Suggestions subforum and we (non-staff and staff) will vote.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.