• Well only if they are fine with it

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zion

★ Donor ★
Aug 28, 2017
United States of America
So recently I've wondered something is it player disrespect if its true? Let me give an example, someone says they have autism so you call them autistic but they actually are and don't care, would this count as player disrespect? Another example would probably be you calling someone a "'Fat Fuck"' and them calling that player disrespect but their class is heavy, I just need an answer so this can extend my freedom of speech.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Moved to Help Desk.
So recently I've wondered something is it player disrespect if its true? Let me give an example, someone says they have autism so you call them autistic but they actually are and don't care, would this count as player disrespect? Another example would probably be you calling someone a "'Fat Fuck"' and them calling that player disrespect but their class is heavy, I just need an answer so this can extend my freedom of speech.
For both examples:
  1. If it's a mutual insulting (say the person says they're fine with it and it's for fun on both sides), sure I guess, but don't go too far into offensive language territory. But otherwise no, and I'd take that insult rather more seriously least IMO if you were poking fun at someone's autism.
  2. No. Of course the mutual insulting thing still applies here too but just because someone is a heavy doesn't give you the excuse, and it doesn't really apply to your case here either as you're insulting the person not the mercenary they're playing as. But I have no issue really with you insulting the mercenary from TF2 heavy seeing as how it's a common thing in the voicelines of the TF2 mercenaries to insult each other.
All in all, yes it is still disrespectful. I personally don't take the "but it's true !!!" excuse for disrespect seriously seeing as how a lot of trolls like to use it (not saying you're a troll, but with others).

demon

K X N G
★ Donor ★
Jul 16, 2017
NYC
Moved to Help Desk.

For both examples:
  1. If it's a mutual insulting (say the person says they're fine with it and it's for fun on both sides), sure I guess, but don't go too far into offensive language territory. But otherwise no, and I'd take that insult rather more seriously least IMO if you were poking fun at someone's autism.
  2. No. Of course the mutual insulting thing still applies here too but just because someone is a heavy doesn't give you the excuse, and it doesn't really apply to your case here either as you're insulting the person not the mercenary they're playing as. But I have no issue really with you insulting the mercenary from TF2 heavy seeing as how it's a common thing in the voicelines of the TF2 mercenaries to insult each other.
All in all, yes it is still disrespectful. I personally don't take the "but it's true !!!" excuse for disrespect seriously seeing as how a lot of trolls like to use it (not saying you're a troll, but with others).
thank you ^3^ *wags tail* i appreciate the help a lot!! :D *pounces on smokey* OwO how u doin?!?!?!

Gilgamesh

【=◈︿◈=】
★ Donor ★
Aug 17, 2017
Throne of Heroes
Once upon a time, I votebanned one player for constant disrespect of other players, including me. None of those players wanted to be called such insults, on top of being targeted over and over again, despite their pleads for mercy. Therefore I hold his 30 minute ban to be justified, as did the rest of the server (with an over 70% approval rate from all 20 players on the server). As Eight said above, if the person on the receiving end is in mutual agreement, it should be fine, however if the disrespect comes from blatant unfriendly conduct towards those who want nothing to do with it, it's certainly against the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.