Is valve even concerned about TF2 anymore?

Ill be honest, normally i go on 3 month hiatuses on all my games, TF2 not being any different. thus being said, does Valve still not give a shit about TF2? I haven't really seen or heard of any major improvements or changes, even small changes like weapon buffs and stuff. If they are starting to care then that's great but...?

12b3163555c670c239abcd31455e3a00.png

Lime.

The only paint can
★ VIP ★
Valve's only making small updates? They must not care about one of their greatest games.
Post automatically merged:

btw yes, valve does care for tf2

Jinshee

Real Bird
Moderator ★
★ VIP ★
Tf2 is valuable because of its economy. Valve already showed their concern for the game when they fixed the unusual bug a little while ago. They did a great job as well, I must say. Unfortunately, there isn't much they can add to the game anymore, hence the few big updates. As to where the heavy update is, its anybody's guess.

sowon

Nine-Tailed Fox
Moderator ★
★ VIP ★
What more do you want out of a game that is more than a decade old, has over 300+ weapons (possibly even more, very rough number), maps that need no further improvements, a variety of gamemodes added with no further ones to be added, events like Christmas and Halloween that still remain active and updated - take this year's Halloween for example - as well as Valve still keeping an eye on the economy of the game?

Just because they're not updating it at the rate they're updating other games such as Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, it doesn't mean they don't care. They just don't need to step in as much because nearly everything that we need is already here.