• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Jailbreak Jailbreak Suggestion (simplified from my earlier suggestion)

GorillaJones

Amphetamine'd
Aug 7, 2021
As a revision to my previous idea regarding the warden system, I revised it to being a queue, and no longer randomized.

The queue system is similar to the one used by VSH and DR gamemode, where there is a queue, and the user can choose whether they choose to go as the Hale, similarly to this gamemode where the user can choose to be a warden.

The user is asked if they would like to be in the queue once they join the BLU team and are put on a wait list. If the user joins the RED team by the time they are selected to be warden, the next person in the queue goes as warden, and the person is put back into the queue in last.

The user is given a warning whenever they are up next to be warden. The warning itself will state "please remember to read the rules when becoming warden, and have an active microphone. You may find the rules by typing [the command to bring up jailbreak rules]".

During LR requests where no LR is given or received, the warden system is automatically locked for the round and the queue is halted (with the exception of a custom LR such as pokemon day)

The queue will automatically detect any current guardban(s).

Xypher

Owner ★★★
Jul 11, 2017
the clouds
We already have a system in place to prevent warden hogging, which checks if you've been warden x consecutive times. It stops you from being able to /w instantly, allowing other players to have a chance. What difference would your system bring over the current one?

GorillaJones

Amphetamine'd
Aug 7, 2021
We already have a system in place to prevent warden hogging, which checks if you've been warden x consecutive times. It stops you from being able to /w instantly, allowing other players to have a chance. What difference would your system bring over the current one?
ok, so warden hogging means the same person can't go warden more than 3x in a row.

From what I know there isn't a 3 round cooldown after going warden for 3 rounds, unless the system makes sure you can't /w instantly after 3 rounds.
The queue gives others a chance to go warden without the 3 round system being abused, since there is no 3 round cooldown after going warden for 3 rounds in a row.

Reactions: Xypher

GorillaJones

Amphetamine'd
Aug 7, 2021
ok, so warden hogging means the same person can't go warden more than 3x in a row.

From what I know there isn't a 3 round cooldown after going warden for 3 rounds, unless the system makes sure you can't /w instantly after 3 rounds.
The queue gives others a chance to go warden without the 3 round system being abused, since there is no 3 round cooldown after going warden for 3 rounds in a row.
As a follow up to this, I was in a round where the warden alternated between 2 people (snipers_ and poopy joe) without any regards to others who wanted to be warden

DiscountIvy

★ Donor ★
May 4, 2020
-1 as said we've already have something to prevent warden hogging, and I would rather be able to go warden whenever I need to because when I play half the time I am the only person on BLU willing to do so.

GorillaJones

Amphetamine'd
Aug 7, 2021
-1 as said we've already have something to prevent warden hogging, and I would rather be able to go warden whenever I need to because when I play half the time I am the only person on BLU willing to do so.
yeah, but then there are people that abuse the 3 round system, and others who want to go warden can't go warden. People like wipeout, poopy joe, snipers_ usually take warden first before anyone else

MintBrando

Some jailbreak guy
Honorary Member ★
Jul 13, 2019
somewhere
yeah, but then there are people that abuse the 3 round system, and others who want to go warden can't go warden. People like wipeout, poopy joe, snipers_ usually take warden first before anyone else
If you are getting tired of people taking warden from you, just go to a different server. There is more than one server that has active players.