• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Accepted Just a /weapons recomendation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
I'm fine with everything except the Shooting Star. That weapon isn't a reskin of a default weapon, it's a reskin of the Machina. This is an issue for me as I'm not sure if we should allow players to freely access items with different stats, as that'd imply we could just have a !weapons menu with all of the TF2 weapons, not just default reskins.

Reactions: Hypernova

Asiliria

Sep 13, 2019
I'm fine with everything except the Shooting Star. That weapon isn't a reskin of a default weapon, it's a reskin of the Machina. This is an issue for me as I'm not sure if we should allow players to freely access items with different stats, as that'd imply we could just have a !weapons menu with all of the TF2 weapons, not just default reskins.
Figures that the Shooting Star is a reskin for the Machina. Guess I'll just go to trusty old Game Banana to get a reskin for the Machina instead. But overall, I guess we'll be seeing the Batsaber, AWPer hand, and Sharp Dresser in a future update? Sweet.
Post automatically merged:

Figures that the Shooting Star is a reskin for the Machina. Guess I'll just go to trusty old Game Banana to get a reskin for the Machina instead. But overall, I guess we'll be seeing the Batsaber, AWPer hand, and Sharp Dresser in a future update? Sweet.

Guess the Machina wasn't reskinned in Gamebanana to be the shooting star. Oof.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hypernova
Oct 14, 2019
I was going to suggest the ability to use any weapon reskin but it seems it was already done. I have thought of the problem you have with reskins like the shooting star, so I decided to post my solution to it.

Solution
You can only use reskins of your equipped weapons.

How it Could Work
You type in /reskin, you get a menu with the options primary, secondary and melee. You select an option and if the weapon you have equipped in the corresponding loadout slot has a reskin(s), there will be options to enable a reskin. If the weapon has no reskins then nothing shows up and the only option is to go back.

Example
I am playing as a pyro and my weapons are the phlogistinator, the panic attack and the homewrecker. I select primary and the only option is to go back, as the plogistinator has no reskins. I go back, select secondary and the same thing happens. I go back, select melee and there is an option to enable the maul reskin as that is the homewrecker's only reskin.

Hypernova

the one with many names
★ Donor ★
Jun 25, 2019
???
Example
I am playing as a pyro and my weapons are the phlogistinator, the panic attack and the homewrecker. I select primary and the only option is to go back, as the plogistinator has no reskins. I go back, select secondary and the same thing happens. I go back, select melee and there is an option to enable the maul reskin as that is the homewrecker's only reskin.
i would agree to something like that

Status
Not open for further replies.