• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

To Do LR Idea - Murder Mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsyQrow

Jun 12, 2020
UK
Murder mystery:

Idk if this could be physically done or not but here we go:

Everyone has their class set to spy at the start of the round.
Blues (detectives) will only have their revolvers and sappers, most reds (innocents) will have only sappers.
One red (murderer) is randomly selected after 10 seconds (and they must have moved in those 10 seconds) to have an insta-kill 'your eternal reward' as well as a sapper.
The murderer can see blues and reds though walls.
If they do not get a kill after 2 minutes then the murderer will be passed to another innocent, the previous murderer will die and it will be announced.
Detectives that kill an innocent or another detective are killed instantly.
Friendly fire is turned on and ammo cannot be picked up.

Win conditions:

Innocents must communicate with the detectives to kill the murderer to win.
The murderer must kill all innocents to win.

Due to some of the requirements idk if this would be possible but I just thought it might be a fun idea :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Xypher

Tonic

Reconnected
★ Donor ★
Nov 9, 2019
The Edge of the World
The idea sounds really cool, but personally I think some changes should be made,

Rather than the Murderer being killed for not killing anybody fast enough they should have a effect being shown around them indicating they are the murderer (similar to Gmod Murder.) This effect will of course go away once the murderer kills someone, but if comms between the team are good then it should already be too late for the murderer to come back from it.

I also think dead players should not be able to speak in chat once they die while this LR is active (if that is possible) to prevent ghosting.

Other then that, I really like this idea, +1

DiscountIvy

★ Donor ★
May 4, 2020
If the innocents will be able to pick up dead detectives' revolvers it would make it much better, or else of the murderer takes out all of the detectives the innocents are automatically doomed. If this LR is somehow implemented I'll be all for it.

PsyQrow

Jun 12, 2020
UK
First of all, I'd like to say a big thanks to all the support, never thought it would be so positive.
Just want to address my opinion on some suggestions so far...

The idea sounds really cool, but personally I think some changes should be made,

Rather than the Murderer being killed for not killing anybody fast enough they should have a effect being shown around them indicating they are the murderer (similar to Gmod Murder.) This effect will of course go away once the murderer kills someone, but if comms between the team are good then it should already be too late for the murderer to come back from it.

I also think dead players should not be able to speak in chat once they die while this LR is active (if that is possible) to prevent ghosting.
I agree with this suggestion, the main idea behind the switching of murderer after 2 mins was not to encourage the murderer killing, but to prevent afk people from becoming the murderer and causing the round to go on for ages without anything happening. However I do agree with your suggestion of indicating the murderer as it would give a less harsh incentive to not play defensively. Possibly extend the time before switching murderer to 5 mins to prevent camping but to also give room for your suggested idea.

Thank you for the suggestion. <3

If the innocents will be able to pick up dead detectives' revolvers it would make it much better, or else of the murderer takes out all of the detectives the innocents are automatically doomed. If this LR is somehow implemented I'll be all for it.

I thought carefully about the idea of innocents picking up revolvers after dropped, feel free to disagree with me but I believe that if innocents can pick up the guns then it would remove some strategy for the murderer. With this implemented, the murderer would almost always be faced against many people with revolvers no matter who they kill. This gives the murderer a harder time as the aim was to kill innocents without getting shot, whereas now they have to try to kill innocents with guns if they kill detectives first making their job harder. Without guns dropping, the murderer could decide to focus on killing the detectives first which is risky but removes the threat or go all out and focus on innocents before they realise. It could be possible to make a compromise between both sides, maybe have one gun be able to be picked up in armoury to one innocent after there are no people with revolvers. This gives the innocents a chance at winning at all times but also gives the murderer the opportunity to use that to their advantage as they can kill anyone who tries to obtain the weapon. (Although they can't camp it forever due to the mechanic where they die if they don't kill after 2/5 mins.)

Although I disagree with this suggestion I appreciate you giving your thoughts on how to improve the idea. <3

DiscountIvy

★ Donor ★
May 4, 2020
I think there is a way to balance out the revolver pickups. Detectives have full loaded revolvers with full ammo reserve. Once an innocent picks up a gun there will only be 1 bullet in the weapon, random crits removed. This will give the innocent at least a chance in case all of the detectives die. It can also save a life of an innocent if the murdered tries hiding from the shot, thus giving the innocent more time to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.