• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Declined Minimod Role

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cookiez

Mar 18, 2020
South Africa
Now I'm fairly certain this is a highly controversial topic, however I just wished to express my opinion and wanted to share an idea which, once again in my personal opinion sounds like a quaint idea.
The idea of a minimod role has been present in communities that have a set of rules for a very long time, Wonderland is no exception.
The purpose of a minimod role is simple and debatably unnecessary, however it would be nice to have something like it. It's for people who like to tell people to follow the rules without applying for staff or are in general afraid of being denied. Or they don't believe or literally don't match the requirements of becoming an official staff member.

Here are key features, rules and exceptions for a Minimod-Role:
- A role with a unique colour identifying them as such role.
- Permission to persuade people to follow the rules without too much worry of a retaliation.
- No actions or permissions to perform moderation commands, if you want that then you apply for staff.
- No access to any staff-only features, please perform the latter for such matters.
- If they possess the necessary knowledge they may assist people in #helpdesk.
- Have a small yet noticeable higher privilege to request staff for they do not possess moderation abilities.
- Standard rules apply; and can be demoted for continuous failure to comply or cooperate with rules.
- Cannot be disrespected and warned for staff disrespect.

All-in-all, I believe that this will be a small addition to Wonderland that isn't too important. I'm certain there will be a large majority of disagreement to this suggestion, however I believe it was at least worth mentioning.
Have a very productive day!

Redds

Brainrot
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 8, 2019
Pacifica
No. Look as a past mini mod myself.
Mini mods aren't a good thing.
We have a rule to not mini mod, It is not your job.
It makes it much more difficult for us to help people out when someone keeps butting in with something Ive already said.
We have joked with saying such a role exists. But never in a good fashion. So my response is.
no

Cookiez

Mar 18, 2020
South Africa
Hahahah no. Look as a past mini mod myself.
MINI MODS ARE NOT A GOOD THING.
We have a rule to not mini mod, It is not your job.
It makes it much more diffucult for us to help people out when someone keeps butting in with something Ive already said.
We have joked with saying such a role exists. But never in a good fashion. So my response is.
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM NO
Certainly, your opinion and reply is certainly appreciated.

Cookiez

Mar 18, 2020
South Africa
My apolgies for a rude response however I do find it odd that we should add something that is against the rules.
No my apologies, I had never seen the rule regarding such a topic and therefore was not aware that this was requesting a direct rule evaluation. However I shall see if further replies report positive or negative before I decide to request a termination of the thread.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
From Commonly Declined Suggestions:
  • Adding any rank below Moderator to act like a staff member.
    • No real point with current setup.

Anyone I'd trust to warn rule-breakers and help in #helpdesk is either staff, honorary members (which usually means they wouldn't be interested in this anyway, since they've resigned), and people who I'd support for full-on moderator. I don't want to create a staff-esque rank with the intention of having lower standards.

Cookiez

Mar 18, 2020
South Africa
From Commonly Declined Suggestions:

Anyone I'd trust to warn rule-breakers and help in #helpdesk is either staff, honorary members (which usually means they wouldn't be interested in this anyway, since they've resigned), and people who I'd support for full-on moderator. I don't want to create a staff-esque rank with the intention of having lower standards.
Completely understandable, I wouldn't want to argue with you.

Remiss

Mr Society
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
U.S
No.
Also, there are still honos (like me, I guess?) who still care enough for the community, but not as much to actually staff it. (As reference to 8's response, but he did emphasize "usually.") Love this community, and it feels nice to be able to still advise things and give advice when needed.

I just feel like if people wanna be/act like staff or wanna see the staff experience, that they should just become friends with a staff member. It's honestly that easy. There are a lot of friendly staff members who- if you become friends with them- will most likely share their experiences. Also a lot of people already get declined for trying to get on staff.
There are a lot of people already out there with a strong sense of justice and already know the rules and such, just as well as a normal staff member. On the contrary, we shouldn't really give those people the ability to, I guess "govern," a community like this in such a way. It's like we're hiring an army of white knights to protect something that should already be followed. The rules are already promoted well enough, in game, and in forums. If there are rule breakers then the staff we have and are hiring can do their jobs properly. (If they don't then that's another issue entirely.)
Just because mini modding is against the rules doesn't mean someone can't tell another what the rules are, or how to reach the rules section in a community. Mini modding is just on the scale where people act like moderators when they aren't. There's a rule where you shouldn't ENCOURAGE RULE BREAKING. That doesn't mean you can't encourage people to read them. If you feel like you wanna give yourself a duty to the community, then that's honestly something good you can do. (And if you put it on your app it might not be that bad of a look. Imagine being staff and looking at someone encouraging people to read rules. I think that'd look well. Especially on the part where they were asked "What have you done for the community so far?/What can you give to the community?")

Cookiez

Mar 18, 2020
South Africa
Enough has been said to make me vote -1. Reasoning has already been said from others.
Certainly, your opinion and reply is mightily appreciated.
Post automatically merged:

No.
Also, there are still honos (like me, I guess?) who still care enough for the community, but not as much to actually staff it. (As reference to 8's response, but he did emphasize "usually.") Love this community, and it feels nice to be able to still advise things and give advice when needed.

I just feel like if people wanna be/act like staff or wanna see the staff experience, that they should just become friends with a staff member. It's honestly that easy. There are a lot of friendly staff members who- if you become friends with them- will most likely share their experiences. Also a lot of people already get declined for trying to get on staff.
There are a lot of people already out there with a strong sense of justice and already know the rules and such, just as well as a normal staff member. On the contrary, we shouldn't really give those people the ability to, I guess "govern," a community like this in such a way. It's like we're hiring an army of white knights to protect something that should already be followed. The rules are already promoted well enough, in game, and in forums. If there are rule breakers then the staff we have and are hiring can do their jobs properly. (If they don't then that's another issue entirely.)
Just because mini modding is against the rules doesn't mean someone can't tell another what the rules are, or how to reach the rules section in a community. Mini modding is just on the scale where people act like moderators when they aren't. There's a rule where you shouldn't ENCOURAGE RULE BREAKING. That doesn't mean you can't encourage people to read them. If you feel like you wanna give yourself a duty to the community, then that's honestly something good you can do. (And if you put it on your app it might not be that bad of a look. Imagine being staff and looking at someone encouraging people to read rules. I think that'd look well. Especially on the part where they were asked "What have you done for the community so far?/What can you give to the community?")

The way that wln's staff is fine. I don't see the point in making a role which generally has a negative conntation around it and marketing it as a sort of "beta staff" it is not a good idea. They arent staff for a reason. -1

Very well then, I see this has concluded negatively. I request an immediate decline by a Staff Member.

Status
Not open for further replies.