Never staff on jailbreak servers?

spl@sh

May 24, 2020
From my experience there is pretty much never staff on the jailbreak servers, And its seems impossible to get on Blu always getting auto balanced because players without Mics are taking up the spots and refuse to leave, and on the rare occasion a mic check occurs, most people just leave and join back the next round. Maybe mic checks should not be announced? so people don't avoid them, just a thought.

D

Deleted member 8006

Well the staff can't be on every server 24/7 for 365 days. Although it would be nice XD, it's just not possible. A lot of the staff have to deal with forum stuff, checking appeals and reports, etc.

However, they are hiring/accepting new staff members right now, so it will increase the chances of a mod/admin in being in the servers! :)

Reactions: Hypernova and Redds
D

Deleted member 8006

However, if someone is breaking the rules, you can record the incident (Using something like Nvidia Shadowplay, that's what I use), put it into the reports, and an admin will look at it. So for example if some blu doesn't have a mic, you can record the whole match, put that into a video, and send/make a report. That's what I do usually! :)

You can always report it on either discord or via !call option and an staff member will respond to it sooner or later

That works too as well!

spl@sh

May 24, 2020
Well the staff can't be on every server 24/7 for 365 days. Although it would be nice XD, it's just not possible. A lot of the staff have to deal with forum stuff, checking appeals and reports, etc.

However, they are hiring/accepting new staff members right now, so it will increase the chances of a mod/admin in being in the servers! :)
I would apply for mod or something but the requirements are very specific about having to have a certain amount of posting etc, maybe there should be a staff position just to watch over servers and do mic checks, and not really have anything to do with the forums?

Redds

Brainrot
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 8, 2019
Pacifica
That's what mods are. You fill in requirements so that you prove that you are willing to do this. If you get accepted and at one point become admin. You will have to answer appeals and reports on forums.

Redds

Brainrot
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 8, 2019
Pacifica
Well you have to make an application with the filled in requirements. If you were to apply with intention to not do anything on forums, that wouldn't be my call. That would be up to staff.

Hypernova

the one with many names
★ Donor ★
Jun 25, 2019
???
From my experience there is pretty much never staff on the jailbreak servers, And its seems impossible to get on Blu always getting auto balanced because players without Mics are taking up the spots and refuse to leave, and on the rare occasion a mic check occurs, most people just leave and join back the next round. Maybe mic checks should not be announced? so people don't avoid them, just a thought.
if i were just some random dude i probably would've thought the same, however as a former staff (one who was unfortunately demoted), i've realized that staff won't always be on. staff are not robots, staff are people with lives outside TF2. you just gotta realize that. if staff aren't on at the time there's rulebreaking going on, perhaps record a demo (record demoname) or install some video thing.

Reactions: Deleted member 8006

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
I'm just going to quote a post @Stao made on a past thread accusing staff of ignoring CallAdmin reports, as it's still pretty relevant:
First thing, I'm gonna move this to off topic.

Secondly, for the sake of transparency, I do agree that there is a problem with calls handled. I would say an average amount of calls that come in is about 150~ in a 24 hour period, and, give or take, about half get claimed/handled. This obviously isn't where WLN wants to be. I understand the frustration of players getting freekilled round after round, and no staff come on. I use to complain about it myself. I even mentioned it on my first declined application, and was an ass to do so.

However, as a staff member now, I see first hand the issue. I can't speak for all staff, but I am not available every day. I'm able to play 2-3x a week usually for 4-6 hours. I imagine this is close to a staff average as well. That's just the reality of it.

While we would love for more staff to join our team and help, we cannot just accept anyone who applies. We hope more people who show potential apply.

We do not just ignore calls. As convenient of an excuse that would be, it's not the case. Sometimes 20 staff are on for a day, and then the next day sowon is the sole staff on all day.

Encourage everyone to use recording tools and such. I may not be able to hop on cause I'm on break at work; however, you send me a recording of a player mass freekilling, or saying stupid toxic shit, I'll ban a dude.

Closing this as this thread will only create agruements and such. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me or other staff members.

Kyo

メンバー
Honorary Member ★
Jan 18, 2020
i've realized that staff won't always be on. staff are not robots, staff are people with lives outside TF2. you just gotta realize that.

I agree with @Hypernova, sometimes staffs have life things to do for their goals, families or journey.

When i was a non staff member I saw some missed reports/calls which staffs aren't online at my timezone, I do understand their available time and why the community has a disaster of rule breakers, that's why I applied to help them out.

As a staff member, I would help them at the night Gmt+8, the problem is that i am not always available, sometimes I play on computer at the correct time schedule of playing and sharing with my brother.

Also you can report on discord if there's an issue on jailbreak, some staffs play jb for hours.

MissMaye

The Overseer
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 16, 2017
I would apply for mod or something but the requirements are very specific about having to have a certain amount of posting etc, maybe there should be a staff position just to watch over servers and do mic checks, and not really have anything to do with the forums?
Applying is by far the least worrying thing you can do and until you've been through the process once, successfully or unsuccessfully, you won't fully realise that. The requirements are not specific at all, 15 posts is nothing. Gameplay should come naturally, if you've been good in-game it reflects well on you. A lot of what we look at is things you can do passively and sometimes actively, reports and the like. It's a very small thing in the grand scheme of things.

So as a moderator you don't have to do anything on forums?
If you can post on forums now you can post on forums when you're a mod too. You can select where you apply your focus to when the time comes. On top of this, forum responsibilities are far outweighed by being needed in the discord, or ingame.