• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Implement & add servers for this gamemode?

• Yes

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other. (If this is chosen, please reply with your opinion.)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alinek

Jul 19, 2018
Czechia
Hello. So I thought of a new gamemode. I was chilling in a Duel map with a few people and we decided to just use the sandman and have a ball battle. It was very entertaining and this gave me the idea for a new gamemode: Sandman Dodgeball (abbreviated as "sdb" in maps.).

Basically, it would be a normal dodgeball arena - 2 sides, knocked out people go behind the enemy's side, ya know, classic dodgeball. This isn't similar to the TF2 dodgeball we're used to - the one with the pyros. This would be a completely normal version of dodgeball. There would be one Sandman ball spawned in the middle, and, like in normal dodgeball, once the round begins, a player from each team will rush towards the ball to be the one to get it first. Getting hit with the ball would mean going behind the enemy team, again, like in normal dodgeball. Or, to make the rounds longer (this really just depends on the size of the map), a player can get hit two (2) or three (3) times before "dying" and being forced to respawn behind the opposition (essentially declaring the player out of the game).
If one team runs out of players in the box (everyone's behind the team), the other team wins. There can't really be a stalemate as there's supposed to only be one physical ball that spawns in the game. It is automatically assumed that you'd force the class to scout, force melee and force weapon Sandman. I'd also recommend disabling double jumps for this.

The fact that players can pass the ball to other players that don't have the ball is what made me think about this in the first place. A fully working ball passing mechanic (possibly unintentionally) built into TF2 itself? Wow, I'm surprised no one took advantage of that yet!

I think that if we made this gamemode come true, WonderLand would stand out in the TF2 community. I haven't seen this anywhere before, so this is a completely original idea that could get some fans. It's very fun too!

I've been doing a simple map for this gamemode for 4 hours now to demonstrate how it would look like, but jeez, this takes way longer than I thought. I'll upload it somewhere eventually as I'm a bit confused with the input/output system, so if anyone here's an experienced mapper, hit me up in my PMs. I really wanna make this gamemode a reality and Hammer is being Hammer and doesn't work the way I want it to.

Cheers, Alinek

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
There's been no replies since this thread's creation, so I've added a poll & posted it on the Discord server. After 1 week, if there's majority support for this in the poll and/or the replies, I'll leave the thread open; but if there's still a lack of interest, or there's majority opposition/mixed votes, this will be declined.

Status
Not open for further replies.