New scam going around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noob of Noobs

Aug 29, 2018
California, United States
So I was messaged by a friend (who I haven't talked to in a while) and approached me with what seemed like a regular conversation but then this bs came up which seemed rather convincing but what some of you may know are fake images of one's profile. Please stay alert from such scams and do not fall for them for the protection of your own profile, spread the news to your friends.

For some context he approached me saying his 10 year old brother was crying over not having stranges or unusuals.

Attachments

• important1.PNG
    important1.PNG
    247 KB · Views: 22
  • important2.PNG
    important2.PNG
    356.4 KB · Views: 22

Olaves

Amphetamine'd
Oct 27, 2017
London :D
Oh yeah happened to me yesterday. I knew it was a scam as soon as he messaged me so I just lead him on to waste his time. He probably thought my inventory was worth a lot from my screenshots but I don't have any of those items left and it was worthless looool

At one point he sent me a phishing link which was formed as if it was another steam account (www.steamcommunity.com/example) and I checked on Steam ID finder to make sure it wasn't but I replied to him saying "I added him. Now what?". He was probably a bit confused cos he didn't reply and removed me 10 minutes later lol

Reactions: thinhtranqq1

thinhtranqq1

May 13, 2019
Oh yeah happened to me yesterday. I knew it was a scam as soon as he messaged me so I just lead him on to waste his time. He probably thought my inventory was worth a lot from my screenshots but I don't have any of those items left and it was worthless looool

At one point he sent me a phishing link which was formed as if it was another steam account (www.steamcommunity.com/example) and I checked on Steam ID finder to make sure it wasn't but I replied to him saying "I added him. Now what?". He was probably a bit confused cos he didn't reply and removed me 10 minutes later lol

Status
Not open for further replies.