• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Jailbreak New Suggestion

GorillaJones

Amphetamine'd
Aug 7, 2021
Disable the scottish resistance (or even the demoman class) as a weapon for BLU team to use, as it leads to sticky trapping, which is a demoman's primary aspect

Also let there be a rule that allows sticky trapping as long as it is not the armory, as REDs can still find ways to rebel from there. Any map can have its alternative routes if you know where to go.

gaming

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Aug 23, 2021
Definitely don't ban demoman, but I guess banning the scottish would be fine. I can't think of any use for it that doesn't involve stickytrapping in some way.
+1

MsPunchy

Dec 15, 2021
New York
-1 Disagree, trapping is allowed on a lot of days, including War day and plenty of LR days. Any kind of illegal trapping can just as easily be done with any other stickybomb launcher. This is like banning the machina because it can penetrate, or banning the phlog for its crits. Banning weapons individually in jailbreak because they're easy to break rules with is only a bandage solution to a much bigger problem, a lack of any requirement to play on BLU, and the inability for staff to react in time occasionally.

As for banning Demoman as a class is silly, Demoman can play a niche yet valuable role in crowd control on BLU during mass rebellions, such as stopping lots of reds in their path effortlessly if the player is smart enough. Sticky trapping is not at all demoman's primary aspect, his primary aspect is and always has been versatile crowd control abilities in choke points via spam, and having quick abilities to deny enemies from making it through certain areas via stickies and rollers.

As for unbanning sticky trapping, also going to be a no from me. These maps were fundamentally not designed to be able to be trapped on while still retaining balance. DYNF Minecraft (The most commonly played JB map on WL) only has three ways to access ammo besides the front door, all of which can be trapped near quite easily, and since it only takes two stickybombs to kill a light class (or one if you're decently close enough), maps would become further unbalanced (Even more than they already are, which is a lot) in favor of the BLUs.

GorillaJones

Amphetamine'd
Aug 7, 2021
-1 Disagree, trapping is allowed on a lot of days, including War day and plenty of LR days. Any kind of illegal trapping can just as easily be done with any other stickybomb launcher. This is like banning the machina because it can penetrate, or banning the phlog for its crits. Banning weapons individually in jailbreak because they're easy to break rules with is only a bandage solution to a much bigger problem, a lack of any requirement to play on BLU, and the inability for staff to react in time occasionally.

As for banning Demoman as a class is silly, Demoman can play a niche yet valuable role in crowd control on BLU during mass rebellions, such as stopping lots of reds in their path effortlessly if the player is smart enough. Sticky trapping is not at all demoman's primary aspect, his primary aspect is and always has been versatile crowd control abilities in choke points via spam, and having quick abilities to deny enemies from making it through certain areas via stickies and rollers.

As for unbanning sticky trapping, also going to be a no from me. These maps were fundamentally not designed to be able to be trapped on while still retaining balance. DYNF Minecraft (The most commonly played JB map on WL) only has three ways to access ammo besides the front door, all of which can be trapped near quite easily, and since it only takes two stickybombs to kill a light class (or one if you're decently close enough), maps would become further unbalanced (Even more than they already are, which is a lot) in favor of the BLUs.
Actually trapping is not allowed in any day whatsoever, even warday. I am aware that areas in or near armory are not to be trapped, such as tardis, but unbanning sticky trapping (as long as it's not in the vicinity of armory) is a good idea as it help stop rebellers or any constant rebellers for the matter. Sticky Launchers are a viable asset that demoman needs access to, but if there's a rule against sticky trapping (which is an extremely important asset that makes regular demoman playable), then ban the class entirely. It's silly enough having a rule there to begin with.

MsPunchy

Dec 15, 2021
New York
Actually trapping is not allowed in any day whatsoever, even warday. I am aware that areas in or near armory are not to be trapped, such as tardis, but unbanning sticky trapping (as long as it's not in the vicinity of armory) is a good idea as it help stop rebellers or any constant rebellers for the matter. Sticky Launchers are a viable asset that demoman needs access to, but if there's a rule against sticky trapping (which is an extremely important asset that makes regular demoman playable), then ban the class entirely. It's silly enough having a rule there to begin with.
Screenshot 20211221 101701
This is just simply not true.

gaming

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Aug 23, 2021
Mspunchy is right, you can stickytrap on warday with some restrictions.

However, I still feel like banning it will do more good than harm since even then, it has a niche use. Besides, other weapons have been banned for less.

lolnutt

what the pog doin?
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Feb 18, 2020
The Deep
depends how you play it, i generally dont see anyone with it as it takes too long to arm so most people will play one of three things:
1. Demoknight
2. Stock Stickybomb launcher
3. Quickiebomb launcher
besides if you see them setting up the trap then you don't go to that area

GorillaJones

Amphetamine'd
Aug 7, 2021
depends how you play it, i generally dont see anyone with it as it takes too long to arm so most people will play one of three things:
1. Demoknight
2. Stock Stickybomb launcher
3. Quickiebomb launcher
besides if you see them setting up the trap then you don't go to that area
Exactly. Stickytrapping (as long as it is not in armory or immediate vicinity of rebel areas) should be allowed because you can obviously find other routes to go.

Either ban the stickybomb launchers as weapons for demoman, or allow the rule for stickytrapping to be allowed in regular days (with restrictions of course)

cottage

Fake
Honorary Member ★
Nov 19, 2019
>18
I generally don't see a purpose for this weapon as its IMO terrible & counterintuitive if playing demoman in jailbreak.

Also let there be a rule that allows sticky trapping as long as it is not the armory, as REDs can still find ways to rebel from there. Any map can have its alternative routes if you know where to go.
This however, would just make jailbreak really bad.
If you were to split the suggestions I'd go for the former but not the latter. So for now,

lolnutt

what the pog doin?
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Feb 18, 2020
The Deep
Exactly. Stickytrapping (as long as it is not in armory or immediate vicinity of rebel areas) should be allowed because you can obviously find other routes to go.

Either ban the stickybomb launchers as weapons for demoman, or allow the rule for stickytrapping to be allowed in regular days (with restrictions of course)
Banning an entire gameplay style just cause 1 in 100 people traps isn't rly that good of an idea. Besides it can lead to some omega brain plays or you can use that kind of knowledge to get an edge over rebelers. Imo it should be allowed as it is now and shouldn't be changed

Kyo

メンバー
Honorary Member ★
Jan 18, 2020
I don't think it will work out if sticky trap will be allowed. I can sense of what will happen to jailbreak inmates.

Banning demoman class is also a bad idea for me since Jailbreak with classes banned will just turning into a boring place.

Stelle

BIG WINS 🤑🤑🤑
Banned
★ Donor ★
Sep 25, 2021
h
banning demoman is a horrible idea (im only saying this because i wanna mass rebel with him and farm strange kills)

otherwise for the scottish resistance, its mainly used for mfk tbh but it has its uses in days such as warday so uhh

-1 for idea 1 and N for idea 2