• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Declined No spawncamp/spawnrape rule for 2fort servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SvenyTheFox

professional fox
★ Donor ★
Mar 31, 2019
ctf_2fort
It's getting really really tiring when the teams are skill unbalanced and we can't even get out of spawn. Theres some rare occassion where the a enemy team member will get the door stuck with his head or a friendly will keep the door open so that they can destroy us.

It makes the game really unfun for me, especially when theres a pyro, a heavy and a pocket medic sitting behind the door next to the sniper balcony.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017

As I see it creating anti-spawncamp rules on casual servers/stock maps (e.g. 2Fort, Turbine, etc.) is counterproductive. If a team is skilled enough to spawn camp your team, it's your team's fault for letting them get that far and/or not being able to push them back. I don't really want a spawncamp rule to be there as a crutch for teams that can't work together properly and as a defense against the achievements of players.

Furthermore, for 2Fort, there are two sections of each spawn area for the teams: the inner room and the outer room. If a team is holding open the spawn door, the inner room will be left perfectly fine and there will be opening to kill the enemy holding open the door. If it is a friendly on your team though, I would consider them punishable for trolling/griefing, just like how people can't block their team's snipers' views on purpose.

Prxme

Post Post Post
Jan 4, 2018
The United Kingdom

As I see it creating anti-spawncamp rules on casual servers/stock maps (e.g. 2Fort, Turbine, etc.) is counterproductive. If a team is skilled enough to spawn camp your team, it's your team's fault for letting them get that far and/or not being able to push them back. I don't really want a spawncamp rule to be there as a crutch for teams that can't work together properly and as a defense against the achievements of players.

Furthermore, for 2Fort, there are two sections of each spawn area for the teams: the inner room and the outer room. If a team is holding open the spawn door, the inner room will be left perfectly fine and there will be opening to kill the enemy holding open the door. If it is a friendly on your team though, I would consider them punishable for trolling/griefing, just like how people can't block their team's snipers' views on purpose.
Not really because the other team aren’t skilled their usually 3 heavies with 2 medics and a engineer never stop holding m1. And also the teams aren’t sorted in skill level .

Captain Weeb

Oh Captain My Captain
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Dec 31, 2017
New York, United States of America
Honestly, spawncamping is pretty easy to remove. Medic with uber (maybe 2nd one with kritz), heavy, maybe even a pyro. Plus, there are 2 spawns in 2fort and it's hard to spawncamp both, as the second one (right side battlements) also has a drop into lobby. Furthermore, if a team can communicate well, spawncamping is an ez clap to get rid of.

Status
Not open for further replies.