Noodles Preference

fakenova

★ Donor ★
Jan 6, 2020
United Kingdom
Personal opinion, noodles should be spicy but an edible and tasty type of spice. - By edible I mean it would not leave you regretting your choice and cause physical change. Let me explain further as I do not believe my point has been properly made. To how I like my noodles, I like them cooked perfectly, I want them to be spicy and I do prefer a curry taste to my noodles - depending on if these noodles are intended to be a quick 3 minute cook. (Instant ramen for an example - for the Americans) To further elaborate my taste, noodles that have been worked on and have engulfed someone's time and effort are my personal favorite, I can see however how people will disagree and to say they prefer their noodles made with no effort and by forced workers (restaurants. do not ban me) which I must accept but I will disagree with.
Now to conclude my thoughts I would like to know how everyone else likes their noodles? What flavouring do you like with them? And would you ever have noodles by themselves? (No side dishes, or meal with it)

Your time is appreciated.

• Love
Reactions: Floot

Floot

★ Donor ★
Dec 9, 2017
under a rock, on a tropical island
In my country, there's something called 'Salmi'. It's basically a cooked meat, reheated in a sauce to absorb the flavor.
It's a French dish but we give it a Chinese or a spicy-creole twist. It is common to eat Salmi with noodles, rice or baguettes.
Usually, if a topping is not spicy enough, I'll top it with my Chinese chili-oil I usually make or with a traditional chili pickle.

When it comes to making a noodle dish, I have 3 preferences.
Fist one is a one-pot cooking.
It's quick and easy, everything goes into the pot and cooks altogether (instant noodles). It's like an end-of-month meal.
Second is a Japanese Yakisoba style.
It's the same as above but less water is used, more veggies and soy sauce is added. Then it is stir-fried in the same pan.
And thirdly, a home-cook style. I could spend an entire day to make the best broth and topping I can possibly imagine. For this one, I will use fresh or parboiled noodles.
And yes. I always make my noodles dishes spicy. Mildly, sometimes hotter.

Here's a noodles dish I made last month. It is accompanied with a clear roasted garlic and lamb broth, topped with lamb Salmi and fresh scallions. This is the only picture I have, I don't usually take pictures of my food.

4c1801492a7d43f733714f3b64a82c085edda677.png
Fresh noodles are always readily available in my region and they are cheap.
I suggest you get some Sichuan peppercorns or a Chinese spice mix the next time you plan on making noodles. And, try grabbing fresh noodles, they are better.

(Who would have thought someone would bring up a thread about noodles. cool)

Reactions: fakenova