Accepted Old Ban for Advertising other servers

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. https://bans.wonderland.tf/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=.d3nny&Submit=Search
also pretty sure my steam profile is linked but just in case it isnt ^
not sure if this is what you meant by the sourcebans page, but I'm the only result for that search.

2. This ban is old, so I'm not 100% sure how accurate this is. The way I remember it, there was a cheater (suspected by me and a friend) using some form of hard to detect hack like a toggle silent aim or triggerbot that hadn't been banned yet. I was pretty pissed that no one else thought they were cheating, when it was really easy to tell. I was there with my friend at the time and he had the same suspicion as me. I'm not entirely sure about this next part, but I think there was an admin or mod in the server who had already concluded the player was not cheating. So, I asked the person to come to a different server network where I knew some long time AC admins played and could better review the guy. In the server, he was blatant and eventually ended up being banned by one of the admins. I think this is where the idea that I advertised another server came in. I wasn't aware that what I was doing was bannable in this context, but that doesn't mean I wasn't guilty. Obviously, I broke the rule, but my intent wasn't to advertise the other network. I'll get into that in the next part. (If you would like me to provide the name of the cheater in question, the friend I was with, the server I mentioned, or the admin that ended up banning him there, let me know. I avoided mentioning the server for an obvious reason. If you want any of these names just let me know which one.)

3. In my defense, I had the intent of benefiting the server and its players by trying to get rid of the cheater. If this were to ever happen again, I would choose a different course of action, like spectating the player, recording a demo, and then submitting a report. Furthermore, it's been over a year since I was banned, and I've definitely learned my lesson. I look forward to hearing back from you :)

Reactions: pancakes_

Stao

Bully
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Nov 20, 2018
Minnesota
I thank you for your patience.

I've decided to lift this ban since it's been over a year. However, if you ever do something like this again, you will be punished fully and it will not be appealable. I'll make sure of it.

You'll be unbanned shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.