Accepted Oops! I got auto-banned by accident...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandie

Mar 3, 2022
1.) Include your ban profile link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/awsumpills/

2.) Explain what happened / why you have been banned:

I accidentally mashed my numpad keys, which were bound to rcon commands (I've since unbound them).

3.) Tell us why we should unban you:
It was an honest mistake; plus, I completely forgot that I had those keys bound to rcon commands. Long story short, I used to moderate a small 2fort server a decade ago. I just never got around to unbounding them.

Pandie

Mar 3, 2022
I'm fairly certain it's the very same Wonderland 2fort No Intel server. I even checked the banlist in case I came up but I didn't. Like the server itself kinda auto-banned me because I used an rcon command by accident. I'm not using an alt account or anything.

EDIT: This is the server's IP: 74.91.115.80:27022

That's the server I was auto-banned from.

Pandie

Mar 3, 2022
Oh that's not a ban, from what im seeing in the console screenshot

that looks more like connection issues, have you verified your game's files yet?
...it's not a connection issue. I'm telling you, I accidentally got rcon banned because I accidentally mashed rcon commands. It's a typical thing with SourceMod where too many rcon attempts will get your IP banned. I can connect to other servers just fine, but I can't connect to that IP address specifically. My IP address is just blocked on that 2fort server. All I'm asking for my IP to be unbanned from that server.

EDIT: Just to show you beyond the shadow of a doubt...

1646279427913 1646279510621

sunstep

★ Donor ★
May 17, 2020
Lian Yu
I don't know if I'm allowed to post here, but there's something I'd like to add:
I can confirm he got banned by RCON, I've just privately tested it. The reason why you don't see any records of why he is banned is because RCON does not use sourcebans as banning method. It uses the banip method. The solution is fairly simple:

First, admins on wonderland need his public IP. I guess the OP of this thread could maybe privately send it if you don't have it.
Then, all you need is 2 commands: you need to use removeip <his IP> and then type writeip. That should be it.

Make sure to execute the commands on the server he is actually banned from, since there's no database that handles RCON bans, it's the only server where he is banned from.

Status
Not open for further replies.