Opinions on Steam beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
I've already voiced my opinions on a thread on the Steam Beta forums (will share links on the bottom of the post, if you want to see what I think along with give official feedback), but I'd like to hear yours.

If you don't have it but are looking to maybe try it out now, that may be a good idea if you want to start getting used to the big changes to Steam chat being made now, though I don't particularly recommend it otherwise.

Steam Chat Beta forums: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/SteamClientBeta/discussions/3/

Thread I made there:
https://steamcommunity.com/groups/SteamClientBeta/discussions/3/1694923613878792891/?tscn=1528834149

Rain

Frog
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
May 10, 2018
Roundabout City
First thing that happened on my end was that the chat window I was typing in wasn't even a window. Couldn't find it under Steam in the taskbar. That's all it took for me to opt right back out of the Beta. I'll leave the whole Beta-thing to the people who get less frustrated with the expected issues. =D

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
That's all it took for me to opt right back out of the Beta.
Yeah to be honest I may opt out of the beta too, I really prefer how it is now (non-beta). Though on the other hand, referring to what I said in my original post, this is going to happen either way, as developers always want to "improve" their platforms (like how YouTube is making all of those changes that everyone hates), so I figure I should just get used to this now. Though to be fair, this beta has a lot of objectively better features added to Steam chat, so I wouldn't entirely call this a "fixing what isn't broken" scenario.

Reactions: Captain Weeb

Cena

Jul 20, 2017
I prefer the more simple steam chat system which could use a couple of improvements, they just changed everything and made it more complicated and broken apart from being a shitter version of discord.

Status
Not open for further replies.