• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Accepted Rank system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kruthal

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 2, 2017
Estonia
This has been in the server before and was abused by many players to get to the top thus it got removed. At the moment my only suggestion is to rank players based on their playtime & total amount of credits they've used and have, basically counting all the credits they've collected/gotten, not the amount they hold. If kills, points and other stuff that can be easily abused gets added then players caught abusing them should be punished.

Floot

★ Donor ★
Dec 9, 2017
under a rock, on a tropical island
Yes, I've seen people abusing it, specially partners who just goes engi and spy and farms points.
I've also seen people doing auto vaccinator heal and Uber. At some point, this was ban-able but still, players used to do it.

I believe we should be able to see one's or one's own profile in-game, the same way we have to use wln!p profile on Discord.Like Name, Connection Time, or Credits can be checked in-game but I don't know anything about plug-ins.

I've only seen some pros getting points the legitimate way. There was Merc, Potato and I and lots of other players getting fair points and the easiest and fastest to get points was on the Surf servers, as you get a lot of easy kills and special maps gives you special power-ups. Another one is playing on the Trade server where you get many points on headshots. I think we should remove the points earned on building and destroying building and on medics applying Ubercharges. It can be a pain-in-the-ass for and a disadvantage for Engi, spy and Medic mains, but it's worth removing it. If there was a possibility to disable ranking and points earning on Deathrun and Jailbreak servers, it would be a good idea, but again, I don't know any special coding or plug-ins.

Points should be given for:
Kills
Assists
Bonus for Headshots, Backstab, for finishing players, dominations, streaks or taunt killing.

I would like to see the stat system and leaderboard back even if all stats got reset to 0.

Also, if there was a possibility to only see/use stats only for players who are on the Wonderland.tf Steam Group would be great. It will also encourage people to join the group and the Forums.

+1

Reactions: pancakes_ and benz

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
The only stat I can see not being abused is credits. People can abuse playtime just as much as other stats though by just idling. I think if we add a stats systems that it should be like GameME as that was reliable in terms of the information provided among other things.

Reactions: Hypernova

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
A /stats command has now been added. Further developments will be announced in future change-logs.

Accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.