• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

remove monoculus from surf_x10 servers

floot_guy

floot_guy
★ Donor ★
Dec 9, 2017
floot_guy
I'm neither going to vote for nor against this suggestion, but hear my opinion.
As someone who spent hours surfing, even before discovering TF2, I've seen many people join the Surf servers only because their friends are online or to just chill in the jail area while having no knowledge on surfing. Some even join to increase the kill count on their stranges, like I used to do. :kappa:

On a surf server, you're supposed to surf. Not camp in the jail, not use the hook/jumpers or the VIP jetpack to reach hard spots and definitely not to try-hard in the jail. The monoculus' job here is to prevent that.

The monoculus can indeed be annoying and it will ruin someone's fun. It cannot be stopped and you have to destroy it. Like I said, most of the players on a surf server just join to chill or wreck the newbs.

Apart from jail, there are also other places to discover in x10, like the music room. You just have to surf to it. Linear surfing is also very cool. To beat a tier 1 map, it will only require the most basic surfing skills which you can use as an advantage on combat/arena maps.

N