• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Declined !report Command

Status
Not open for further replies.

_3nvoy

Oct 15, 2017
There's been multiple times when I've been playing on a server (mainly Jailbreak) and someone will do something that's still breaking the rules, but doesn't warrant a staff response immediately. This includes things such as racist remarks/slurs, occasional freekill/freehit, brief warden abuse, etc.. In many of these cases, it feels like the usage of !call is excessive. That's why I believe a !report command, or something similar should be introduced. Using the command would open a menu similar to the !call menu, where the reporter selects the offender's name and then selects what rule/policy they were in violation of. When the user confirms the report, the system would file the report against the offender. This system would help against repeat offenders (people who abuse as warden for 1-2 rounds then disconnect, constant slur usage/disrespect, etc.) who break rules over an extended period of time. If a large number of reports are filed against a single player for a single or multiple related offenses, staff investigate the claims and possibly take action against the offender. This system would allow for users to more easily report rule breakers rather than either posting in the report section of the forums or pinging staff on Discord, as the usage of the command allows to quickly file reports that can be easily logged and tracked.

_3nvoy

Oct 15, 2017
I’m not sure of a specific place, given the fact I am not familiar with exactly how the servers function, but I believe if bans and hours spent connected can be tracked and accessed there may be a similar way to log reports on a single user’s profile, which staff could access when reviewing said user’s appeals or applications.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Alright so re-reading your post and reading your last post I see what you are getting at but ultimately this is all stuff that calladmin does already. At best !report would take over a half of what would be calladmins, although ultimately both would be just as frequented as they are now, "spammed" if you will. Nevertheless, we encourage people to report even for offenses that may seem to not warrant an immediate response, because the user may continue to break rules or the user may be a repeat offender who commonly causes issues.

So all in all I will -1.

Status
Not open for further replies.