• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Declined Jailbreak Restrict pardon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prins

Oct 24, 2021
I suggest pardon should be restricted more by disallowing pardons for reds who have lost at a mini-game including games that aren’t bonded to buildings/structures. This should theoretically reduce arguments between players and prevent warden from pardoning since most of the time we learn from other people and their actions, which is why some of us mess things up.

PB mentioned during first reaction, last reaction that guards including the warden doesn’t always know and agree on who is KoS and as a result, can cause arguments. Guards tend to move on and continue with the game which isn’t exactly illegal since there are no orders conflicting with the suggestion.

This suggestion has only been made in order to prevent arguments from lasting 1-2 minutes.

MintBrando

Some jailbreak guy
Honorary Member ★
Jul 13, 2019
somewhere
If they are having an argument on who is kos and who isnt, just do it again and solve it that way, no need to add a rule to say no to pardoning reds that are kos tied to a game. Plus that kinda removes pardoning in general since most become kos due to games. -1

Prins

Oct 24, 2021
If they are having an argument on who is kos and who isnt, just do it again and solve it that way, no need to add a rule to say no to pardoning reds that are kos tied to a game. Plus that kinda removes pardoning in general since most become kos due to games. -1
The suggestion isn’t actually related to that, It’s just something PB & J pointed out. The suggestion is made to prevent the warden from pardoning a red who has lost at a minigame. Sorry about the unclarity but anyways, sometimes warden learns from other people despite being false which can alter how the game should be played and can lead to a freekill.

For example, warden says we’re playing first reaction, last reaction but didn’t say “it’s defined by the rules” which made him think the order was invalid. In other words whoever jumps is KoS. Everyone jumps and warden says they’re pardoned thinking they’re KoS. Since the order was actually valid from the start, he got corrected by blues and reds because you’re not required to say “its defined by the rules”, whoever followed the order last (the order was last reaction jump) was given a second chance which is unfair to reds leading to more arguments. Just a suggestion to prevent a mistake from escalating further.

Edit: The suggestion can also have limitations, it doesn’t have to be every minigame but pardoning a red who lost a minigame In general shouldn’t be allowed.

cottage

Fake
Honorary Member ★
Nov 19, 2019
>18
When you say within this suggestion that
aren’t bonded to buildings/structures.
I'm going to assume that this question is regarding this^ when talking about minigames.

Lost fairly? No.

But when I say "lack of attention" its in regard to the warden not paying attention than the blues killing people instead of the warden's pov.

Prins

Oct 24, 2021
When you say within this suggestion that

I'm going to assume that this question is regarding this^ when talking about minigames.

Lost fairly? No.

But when I say "lack of attention" its in regard to the warden not paying attention than the blues killing people instead of the warden's pov.
The suggestion wasn’t made for that, just something JB pointed out so i decided to add it. The reason why i suggested this was because warden can do silly things sometimes (check the exemple above) which can cause some arguments that can last between 1-2 minutes. Feel free to ask me anything if i was unclear once again (my fault).

cottage

Fake
Honorary Member ★
Nov 19, 2019
>18
I'm stating that this will start more argument as when a red should be killed in fr lr it should be from the warden's perspective. When I said originally "Lack of attention when playing fr lr,"
I'm practically stating that when the warden says the order and they lag, or they weren't paying attention that if you say "don't pardon them" it will be just more confusing. I still understand the point of this but I'm just arguing that it'd be the inverses effect.

The Pesterer

Forum Robot
Jul 13, 2021
Armory
I'm stating that this will start more argument as when a red should be killed in fr lr it should be from the warden's perspective. When I said originally "Lack of attention when playing fr lr,"
I'm practically stating that when the warden says the order and they lag, or they weren't paying attention that if you say "don't pardon them" it will be just more confusing. I still understand the point of this but I'm just arguing that it'd be the inverses effect.
does that mean if a a square with a red gets picked on nine square and when the game stops does that mean the red is kos

Prins

Oct 24, 2021
FL LS may experience inverse effect but let’s think about in general. But there is a simple solution to that, move on. Normally warden has to kill during the game but if a blue points out it was someone else then it is what it is. The suggestion only prohibits pardons but that doesn’t mean they cannot move on with the game. What you said already occurs sometimes, so even if my suggestion gets implemented there won’t be any difference.
Post automatically merged:

does that mean if a a square with a red gets picked on nine square and when the game stops does that mean the red is kos
Another scenario which has happened before that could result in arguments. Maybe blues are trying to troll and ends up ending the game making it unfair for some reds.

Prins

Oct 24, 2021
I’d like to clarify since i can’t edit my messages for some reason. By restricting pardoning will allow the guards to kill reds who have lost at a minigame including games that aren’t bonded to buildings/structures. Trollers, mess ups etc happens sometimes which can lead to some chaos in the server.
Examples:
  • Reds are playing nine square and one square falls with 3 reds on it. A blue wants to troll and decides to stop the game making the squares return to it’s original position. Not only is this unfair to reds but is not considered favoritism.
  • Warden says we’re playing first reaction, last reaction but didn’t say “it’s defined by the rules” which made him think the order was invalid. In other words whoever jumps is KoS. Everyone jumps and warden says they’re pardoned thinking they’re KoS. Since the order was actually valid from the start, he got corrected by blues and reds because you’re not required to say “its defined by the rules”, whoever followed the order last (the order was last reaction jump) was given a second chance which is unfair to reds leading to more arguments that could last for a while.
  • Answering a question wrong at jeopardy, a platform in fall game becomes red indication it’s going to break and you will die, hence why you’ve lost at a minigame but a blue decided to stop the game before you fall, and on four corners you escape death by jetpacking to another corner.
In general reds should not have the opportunity to get pardoned if they have lost at a minigame; losers should remain KoS.

FL, LR was just something Jb & J pointed out if the suggestion got implemented. I added it so i didn’t have to explain it again.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Posted on Discord for more votes and also added a poll. Only reply to this thread if you want to explain your reasoning; use the poll or Discord for just voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.